30th July 1991

"Master Draco wake up please," said the squeaky voice. Draco opened his eyes to the sun shining through the window. He scrunched his nose at the sudden light and covered his face under his blanket. 

"Master Draco," the voice said again. "piss off!" said Draco from under the covers. "Tilly apologizes to Master Draco but Mistress Malfoy is asking Tilly to wake Master Draco up" 

"get lost Tilly" Draco grumbled. 

"mistress Malfoy told Tilly to tell Master Draco that his Hogwarts letter arrived." 

Draco's eyes jerked open. 

Hogwarts letter! 

He kicked through the covers and dashed downstairs. 

"Mum" he panted, "Tilly said-she said-" Draco said in short breaths. Lucius and Narcissa who were seated at the dinner table looked at their son bemused. "calm down darling, I know what she said" Narcissa Malfoy said. 

"Look at you Draco, losing your composure about something as small as an acceptance letter, er," his father said shaking his head. Draco's cheeks went red as he ran a hand through his hair. 

"Don't worry Lucius, Mother told me you didn't stop jumping for days when your Hogwarts-" Narcissa started looking at her husband with a playful smile. "we get it Narcissa" Draco's father said cutting off his wife and taking a sip of his tea to hide his embarrassed face. 

Narcissa laughed and handed Draco the letter. "here you go darling" she said handing Draco a letter.  Draco grinned as he looked at the paper in his hand. 

His Hogwarts letter! 

He went through the letter, the grin never leaving his face. "Mum, we need to go buy the supplies and my wand!" Draco said excitedly. 

"we will dear, but tomorrow" 

"Tomorrow? No! I want it today!" he whined. "your father has an important ministry matter to attend to today dear tomorrow all of us will go and buy all the supplies you desire," she said kindly. 

"but mum" Draco whined. "listen to your mother Draco, we promise we will take you tomorrow"

He looked at his father with the pout that usually worked on his parents. "I am busy today son," his father said shaking his head. Draco sighed looking at the letter again. "don't be upset darling, this day will go by quicker than you think" his mum said. 

Draco looked at her and nodded. It was only a day's wait after all. "How about you go and dress up now darling?" she asked, draco nodded and went upstairs. 

During the day, Draco read his Hogwarts acceptance letter several times to pass the time. He was thrilled to be accepted into Hogwarts and was determined to excel in all his classes to make his parents proud. Draco decided to record this eventful day in his journal, not a diary. He refused to call his daily records as diary entries, he wasn't a girl for Merlin's sake. 

He walked over to his desk and opened the drawer, retrieving a black journal that his mother had gifted him on his birthday. As he picked it up, Draco noticed that it looked used, even though he hadn't made a single entry in it yet. Perplexed, he glanced over at his drawer and noticed another journal that looked similar to the one he was holding, but new and unused. That was the one his mother had gifted him. So, whose was the other one? Draco opened the first one to find it full. His eyes widened when he looked at the first entry. 

30th July 1991 

Diary 

Today is the day I've been eagerly waiting for - the day I finally received my Hogwarts letter! I can hardly contain my excitement! I was looking forward to heading out to buy my supplies and make the most of this joyous occasion, but my mother informed me that we would have to wait until tomorrow as my father was caught up with his work. This is beyond frustrating! How could he prioritize his work over his son's happiness? I can't wait to start my journey at Hogwarts, where I know I'll excel in my studies and make my parents proud. I'm confident that I'll be sorted into Slytherin and carry on the legacy of my family. I can already imagine my uncle Severus boasting about my achievements to my father. The wait is agonizing, but I know it'll be worth it!