Diagon alley

"Where do you want to go first Draco?" his mother asked, draco looked around the crowded alley. It was more crowded than it usually was. Draco had been here a couple of times before. 

"Um, how about we get my cauldron first?" Draco said. Narcissa nodded and they all went to the respective shop. The diary didn't specify what shop he visited at first, all he knew was that he would meet Harry Potter at Madam Malkin's. He made a mental note to go there last. 

Draco decided it was best for him to not worry too much as his mother would be suspicious of his lack of excitement. "Father look" he gasped pointing at the beautiful broom at the window. His father looked at the broom and nodded "It's the Nimbus 2000" he said. 

"Can I get one Father, please!" Draco pleaded. "it won't be of any use Draco, you are not allowed to bring it to school" 

"but please Father! I want to ride it, please! we could keep it in the shed and I could bring it next year" Draco said with his innocent look. Lucius looked at his wife who shrugged indicating that this was his problem. Lucius sighed, he would never learn to say no to his son. 

"Alright,"  his father sighed. Draco grinned and ran inside the shop. "You need to stop pampering him Lucius," said Narcissa shaking her head. "that's rich coming from you," Lucius said raising a brow at her. Narcissa laughed "Go buy him the broom, I'll buy his books," she said walking over to Flourish and Blotts. 

After buying Draco's broom, he walked out of the shop holding the new broom. Many children gaped at him enviously. Draco smirked at their reaction. "You go get your robes fitted Draco, I'll look at the wands" Draco's breath hitched. Robes, meaning Madame Malkins, meaning he was going to meet Harry Potter. 

He nodded stiffly and walked into the shop. He looked around, but nobody was in the shop yet,  He stood on a stool as directed by the witch and began to wonder if he would even meet Harry Potter. Suddenly the bell of the door chimed and his breath hitched. He heard the woman directing whoever it was inside. 

He saw a tiny brunette wearing oversized clothes walk inside. This was it, it was him, Harry Potter. Potter gave him a tiny smile and stood on the stool next to him. 

"Hullo," Potter said. 

"Hey," Draco said. "you're going to hogwarts too?" Harry asked. Draco nodded, "cool! Me too," Potter said grinning. ObviouslyPotter thought Draco mentally rolling his eyes. 

"I am Draco Malfoy, and you are?" he asked. "Harry Potter," he said. the witch who was taking Draco's size dropped her tool to stare at Harry with wide eyes. Harry looked down embarrassed. Draco coughed, glaring at the woman who tried to compose herself and continued with her work.

"Hmm," said Draco "Who did you come with today?" potter asked. "My parents, mum Is buying my books and father is up the street looking at wands, its a lot more crowded there than usual" 

"Have you been here before?" Potter asked raising his brows. "Of, course I have, what sort of question is that?" asked Draco confused. Potter looked down embarrassed "Oh um- I don't know, this is my first time here" 

"Really?" Draco asked, he knew Potter lived with his relatives but Potter would have been here at least once. "Yeah, I um I didn't know about being a wizard before I came here so..." 

Not that got Draco's attention. "you didn't know?!" he asked, potter flushed as if regretting what he spoke and shook his head. "No um, my relatives didn't tell me" he said. 

"Rotten sort they must be" he spoke still bewildered. Potter smiled a tiny bit "Yeah" he said. "Who are you here with then?" Draco asked, he knew the answer of course but he wanted to hear it from Potter's mouth.