Mirror of erised

"You're back!" harry said and he ran over to hug draco who entered the common room with his luggage, it was still slightly empty as draco came two days before their classes were to start. Theo was still home with his family, so were other slytherins. 

Draco tumbled back as harry's body collided with his. His heart rate speeded and he felt those stupid stupid tingling in his bones again. He felt his face going hot as he hugged harry back. "I'm back" draco said his voice came out small and weak. 

Harry broke the hug with a huge grin. "I missed you! thank you for your present by the way, i was just reading it!" he said taking draco's hand as he led him to one of the sofas. Draco smiled as he sat down "i figured you'd want to know more about your family" he said. Harry nodded "It's really informative, it included a family tree too you know! Did you know my grandfather created a magical hair potion, that would explain the galleons in my vault" he spoke with delight. 

Draco nodded "the rat's nest hair is genetic in your family, that's why your grandfather created it" he said and harry shoved him "shove off" he said but grinned. "I have so much to tell you draco" harry said suddenly looking at draco like he was dying to share whatever it was "well go on then tell me" 

Harry explained how he got an invisibility cloak from an unknown person ("WHAT! invisibility cloak!? those are so rare, even my father doesn't have one, who would send it to you!!")

and how he saw snape threaten quirel ("still think he's innocent?" "Of course, who wouldn't want to threaten that joke of a professor") 

and at last he told draco about the mirror of erised. 

"You see your parents?" Draco asked, his eyes widening. "but...they're..." he trailed awkwardly. "dead i know" harry muttered. "But i see them there, i took ron to see it too but he didn't see them, he saw himself as...head boy and holding the quidditch cup" he said. Draco scowled at the thought of harry telling weasley something before him. 

"I've been going to see it every night" harry whispered. "every night? harry it could be harmful you know? It's something that could be used to lure you" draco whispered. 

"Ron said the same thing, said i shouldn't visit it, but draco,it shows my parents, i never knew them...i don't...i want to see them" harry said, his voice cracking.

Draco put a hand on his shoulder as a form of comfort. "Would you like to see it too?" harry asked looking up at draco. Draco raised his brows in surprise "i want to know what you would see" he said. Reluctantly draco agreed, he would be lying if he said he wasn't curious too. 

At night they found himself going through the empty corridor under the cloak bunched together, draco was thrilled to be able to use one, his insides were tingling but he figured being so close to harry that he felt his warmth could be the contributing factor in that feeling. 

"There it is" harry said pointing at the mirror as he took off the cloak, the mirror looked like a normal one from the side. Draco went in front of it and his jaw dropped.

He saw himself, his older self, he was wearing half sleeves, his arms were plane, without a dark mark. His parents stood beside him looking proud and happy. Beside him was harry, older harry holding his arm fondly. Behind them was theo looking just as happy as the others, then there were weasley and granger as well on the side. Draco wore the head boy badge. He bit his lip feeling overwhelmed. 

"Well what do you see?" harry asked lightly. Draco looked at him "you" he said, harry's eyebrows shot up in surprise "and my parents, and theo and granger and weasley, all of them look so happy" he said looking back at the mirror. 

Harry gave draco a small smile and rubbed his arm for comfort. "So-Back again harry? with young mister malfoy here too" a warm voice said from behind, they both snapped to look back in the twinkling eyes of their headmaster