Nicholas Flamel

The next morning Draco decided to do something unthinkable. He went over and knocked at the staff room, there was no answer so Draco knocked again. This time he heard a small 'come in' and Draco went in to find it almost empty. There stood only filch and snape. Filch seemed to have developed a grudge against Draco ever since he seemed to betray him. Filch sneered at him, "Draco? Why are you not at the quidditch match?" Severus asked.

"I was wondering if I could speak with you, alone," he said his eyes going over filch. Filch snarled and picked up his cat dearly from his feet going out of the room.

"I do hope this is something important," Severus said wincing slightly as he moved in his chair. "are you hurt, sir?" Draco asked looking over at the pain-reliever potion on his desk. Harry had told him he saw Snape linger inside the room of the three-headed dog and then saw an injury on his leg.

"I suppose that is none of your concern now is it Draco"

"Of course it is, I am your godson! and I have every authority to inquire about your well-being" Draco said rather dramatically. Snape rolled his eyes "One could be fooled about who is the godfather here" he drawled. Draco showed him teeth "Sir, if I ask you another question you won't be mad at me right?" he asked.

"I suppose as your professor I must answer all of your questions regarding your academics," he said. "And what about the questions not regarding academics?" Draco asked biting his lip in nervousness. Snape raised a brow "I suppose that depends on your question, is it about time turners again?" he asked.

Draco shook his head "No, not that but Well um-"

"I do not have all day, and I assume neither do you considering that your exams are approaching and you know better than wasting your time chatting with your godfather about useless things"

"Yes, yes alright um sir why is there a three-headed dog in the school? Well I mean I know why but um..." he asked and Snape's eyes went as wide as bludgers. "How do you-" he whispered "I accidentally ran into it," Draco said before Snape could finish the sentence.

"You accidentally...ran into it," Snape said. Draco closed his eyes knowing an explosion was on the way. "What were you thinking, you vain boy! going in the forbidden corridor! you are lucky you still have your limbs functioning! what were you thinking?! I thought you knew better than this! That potter boy's influence in rubbing on-"

"It's, not his fault!" well it was, he was the one insisting to go help Weasley but what Snape didn't know couldn't hurt him. "it was an accident"

Snape narrowed his eyes angrily "And that excuse is enough?" he asked, Draco "I know it's not okay. it was dangerous but Severus I am okay alright, all my body parts are still here" Draco said. "they won't be if you keep going on your little adventures with that potter boy, he is no good for you Draco" Snape said with a sneer.

"I am not here to discuss about Harry sir, I just want to know if...well why was the dog there?"

"that is still none of your concern"

"it's guarding something isn't it, it's guarding the stone," Draco said and Severus's eyes widened more than they did at the revelation of three-headed dogs. "How do you-" he started, "I just do," Draco said. "You just...do," Severus said.

"Listen, I don't think whatever protection you have put to guard the stone is enough, you should put more protection," Draco said trying not to sound like he knows everything already. Snape looked at draco with suspicion "i-i mean if i, a first-year could find it then...you know"

Snape raised a questioning brow, "I am curious Draco, how is it that you know so much about things that are kept at utmost secrecy," Severus said. "well, I am resourceful," Draco said slightly grinning. "do enlighten me about your....resources," Snape said. " A genuine Slytherin never discloses the key to their knowledge, your words sir," Draco said.