Hogwarts Express

There weren't many entries in the diary between the 31st and the start of his hogwarts year. Draco assumed there wasn't anything crazy happening that was worth writing. He just practiced his flying on his new Nimbus, spent his time reading through his hogwarts books, and practiced a couple of spells with his mother. The month of August went by quicker than he had anticipated.

That was when he found himself pushing his trolley up to platform nine-three quarters. His parents in front of him, his father sneering at every muggle who would look at them and his mother keeping her face impassive. He wasn't fond of muggles himself. Yes, he wasn't going to say any slurs but that doesn't mean he had to like them.

They all went through the wall between station 9 and 10. Draco opened his eyes to see the beautiful red-black engine train in front of him. He grinned and moved towards the doors.

"You write to me every week young man," Narcissa said to Draco. "Of course Mother," Draco said, he felt tears at the back of his eyelids but he wasn't going to let them show. Malfoys don't cry. His father put his hand on Draco's shoulder. "I hope you remember your duties Draco, you ought to get good grades in your classes to uphold our name," he said in a stern voice.

Draco nodded enthusiastically. "Of course, he will Lucius, our Draco will be a brilliant wizard," Narcissa said looking at her son with fondness. Draco found himself getting red. "Mum" Draco hissed. Narcissa just smiled and bent down to kiss her son on the cheeks.

"Write to us about how you are sorted in Slytherin son," Lucius said. Draco nodded, he would have been nervous but he was going to be slytherin he knew it because of the diary.

Lucius took Draco's hand and put something cold on it which was covered by his father's large hand. "Your grandfather gave this to me on my first day at hogwarts and now I give this to you draco," said his father removing his hand. Draco looked at the item and his eyes widened "But father this is your-"

"My pocket watch, yes, it is a family heirloom, always passed down generations, I gave this to my son you will give it to yours, Malfoys have always been respected and have achieved great things, I have no doubt you will do the same," Lucius said, Draco could almost hear sincerity in his voice. He looked at the watch in his hands, the cover made of pure silver and an M grated at the front then looked at his parents and nodded. "I will make you guys proud," Draco said. Both of his parents smiled.

"Now you go draco, meet your friends," her mother said. Draco nodded and stepped inside the train. Now according to the diary, he would go in one of the carriages and would find Crabbe, goyle, and Theo there. He found the compartment with all three of them but then saw a certain familiar figure at the end of the compartments, he went over to say hi.

"Need a hand?" he asked looking at Potter who was struggling to get his trunks in the compartment. Potter looked at Draco and grinned "Oh please!" he said. Draco helped him put his trunk inside using the levitating charm as both of them walked in sitting on opposite sides.

"you can already do magic!" potter said surprised. "only simple spells yet, my mum taught me," Draco said. "that's brilliant!" Harry said, "It's nothing big potter, you'll learn it easily too, if not you can always come to me for help," said Draco with a wink. Harry smiled but before he could say anything they heard someone outside the compartment. "it's true! Harry Potter is in the compartment" said a voice. "Mum, please I would just see him, oh please mum," a girl's voice said from outside.

Draco looked out of the window to see a family of redheads. The little girl was trying hard to look inside their compartment. Draco rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat.

"Who is that?" Harry asked. "the Weasleys probably, they all have red hair" Draco answered. He supposed meeting Ron Weasley was inevitable when a redhead peeked inside.

"excuse me? do you guys mind? everywhere else is full" the redhead said. "not at all," Harry said gesturing at the seat next to him. Draco rolled his eyes when the redhead sat next to Harry. "I am Ron by the way, Ron Weasley," he said.

"I am Harry, Harry Potter," Potter said and Ron's eyes widened. "you are Harry Potter?" Ron asked breathlessly. Harry nodded. "Sorry, I thought it was a joke, free and George are always joking bout that stuff you know?" Weasley said. Harry gave him a tiny smile.

Weasley looked at Draco and squinted his eyes "And you?"

"I am Malfoy, Draco Malfoy," Draco said coldly. Weasley's eyes widened slightly but not in awe like they did for Harry, in disgust. Draco felt his insides burn with anger when Weasley gave him a curt nod with a sneer.

"Are all your family members wizards?" Harry asked Ron. "er yeah I think so, my mum's got a second cousin that's an accountant but we don't talk about him much," Ron said, harry nodded and looked at Draco.

"Would you mind telling me more about Quidditch? I asked Hagrid about it but he only told me so much" Harry asked Draco. Draco smiled and opened his mouth to speak but Ron spoke first. "Oh! Fred George and I play it in our backyard, they are beaters I play keeper sometimes and Ginny also asks to play but she is only ten so-"

"We don't want to know your family history, Weasley!" Draco snapped at him. Ron sent him a glare. "says the guy whose family history is just inbreeding" Ron said giving Draco a sarcastic smile.

"You!" Draco said pointing his wand at Ron. "Guys! stop that!" Harry said giving a cold look to both the boys. "He started it!" Ron said, "Did I now Weasley?!" Draco said. He really shouldn't fight Weasley considering he and Potter were going to be best friends in the future but he can only help himself so much.

"Guys!" Harry said again. Draco sighed, he really should practice being all goody-two-shoes thing. He stood up taking his bags. "wait where are you going?" Harry asked frowning. "I am gonna go sit with my friends, they must be looking for me," Draco said.

"But-" Harry started. "Don't worry Harry, I'll see you at hogwarts," said Draco walking out of the compartment. "good riddance" Ron muttered. Harry whacked Ron on the arm. "what is your problem" he asked. "what? you don't know what family he comes from Harry!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I've heard of his family," said Ron darkly. "They were some of the first to come back to our side after You-Know-Who disappeared. Said they'd been bewitched. My dad doesn't believe it. He says Malfoy's father didn't need an excuse to go over to the Dark Side." he finished.

"that doesn't mean you have the right to be rude to him, he is my friend!"

"friend? harry! he is a Malfoy! I bet you anything Malfoy will be a Slytherin"

"so?"

"so?! No witch or wizard hasn't gone bad in Slytherin! You-know-who was a Slytherin, "

"Just" Harry rubbed his face "leave It to me okay, don't be rude to him"

"Whatever you say" Ron muttered.

"Where in the name of Salazar were you?" Theo asked Draco when he entered their compartment. He took a seat next to Theo and sighed. He took a galleon out of his robe and passed it to Crabbe and Goyle "I see the trolley on the other side of the train, go buy something" he told them. They both lit up at the mention of the trolley and rushed outside.

"Okay, what was that for? you are never this generous" Theo said raising a brow at him.

"I met Harry Potter," he said. Both of Theo's eyebrows raised in surprise. "did you? What is he like?" Theo asked. "trouble" Draco answered shaking his head. "Really? How come?" Theo asked

"too soon to put a finger on it but he is a Gryffindor," Draco said taking the hogwarts history book out of Theo's hand. "blood traitor then?" Theo asked. "he's a half-blood," Draco said looking through the book.

"that's unfortunate"

"Yeah"