𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

HAYVEN ANDERSON

Silence still fills the room as everyone processes what Birdie has just said

A secret?

A secret that no one can find out about? A secret that Birdie can't know about.

And what kids was she talking about?

I decided to voice my questions.

"What kids and what secret?" I pause. "And Who is your mom sharing this secret with?"

My question gets me nowhere because everyone looks just as confused.

"Maybe...Maybe the kids are us." Temperance says hesitantly. "Maybe that's why the stalkers' after us."

"That makes sense but why would this, " I put air quotes around the next word. "'Secret' be bad for Birdie's mom and whoever else is in on this secret?"

"I don't know but whatever it is it's connected to us." Temp shrugs.

"You remember what the stalker texted us at lunch. He said 'I see that you guys haven't figured out what your parents did when they were younger.'" Silas says to the group running a hand through his golden curls.

He talks again, "Our parents must be in on the secret with Birdies mom."

"You're right. When my mom first said we were going to be staying with the Doreen's she mentioned how Asher's mother and her were best friends back in high school." That's Emberly.

"Yeah. My mother and Tempies parents knew each other from high school. They were best friends actually." Jax says from across the room.

"So if we're right and all of our parents had some secret what? 15 years ago. Then the stalker is after us because of them." I let out a breath trying to calm myself. "Because of whatever our parents did the stalker is going to make us pay for what they've done."

The room falls silent.

"Exactly." Silas nods. "You know what that means right?"

Everyone gives him a questioning look me included.

"We have to figure out what the hell this secret is before it gets us killed."

AUTHORS NOTE:

-sorry for the short chapter hopefully next chapter will be longer I've just been really

-I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!