Chapter 21:My Person

Start from the beginning

- "Your relationship is restricting well."

- "Very, very well. So, well that I'm afraid of doing something wrong and hurting her."

- "Luiza, being afraid of hurting those we care about is normal, but we shouldn't create so much paranoia about it, because we get hurt in any relationship, which is completely normal. What matters is knowing how to deal with the hurt. There's no point in doing everything to be perfect and ruining something unintentionally. We are human beings and we make mistakes constantly, but we should not stop learning and always try to change. In the end, that's what matter."

I listen to every word she says to me and absorb them. I'm fully aware that we're going to end up making mistakes at some point, because as the doctor said, we're susceptible to mistakes. What we should never do is let the hurt grow, we always have to solve what is wrong in the best way.

I hope that Valentina will be by my side at all times, even though I know for sure that she will never abandon me. We will mature together. I want to be the best person I can be for her, because there is no one in the world who makes me want a good life as much as this woman. All I wish for us is peace, growth, and a lot of understanding.

As soon as the consultation is over, I say good bye to Dr. Alice. About to open the app to book a car, I notice that I have messages received, so I pull up the notification bar and see that they are from Valentina. As always, it's impossible to stop the smile that rises on my face.

- "Are you busy today?" I ask, as soon as soon as she answer the call on the third ring. I can't help but make a call, I always prefer calling to texting. I like to hear the person's voice.

- "Never for you, my love. Are you done with the consultation now?"

- "Yes. I'll book a car now to drive away. Or maybe I will visit Duda. I haven't decided yet."

- "Were you able to arrive on time? I left in such a hurry that I couldn't even wake you up."

- "I got it. I woke up, as soon as you got up, and I couldn't sleep anymore after that. Around the time of the appointment, I called Uber and left. Everything worked out. I'm getting good at going out alone in this city."

- "You have always been so smart, love. Glad it all worked out!"

- "Yes."

- "I can take you if you want."

My heart melts at her question. I like how protective she is and always tries to make everything easy for me, but I'm not stupid to make her come so far away, knowing that today she will stay late at work, just to supply a whim of mine.

- "No need, I just booked a car. Ronald is coming to pick me up."

- "All right, share your location with me, and when you arrive, let me know."

- "I think I'm going to stop by that market near our house and buy some things, I'm in the mood for something stuffed with cheese."

- "That's evil you know?"

- "Why?" I notice car coming and wave at it, heading towards it.

- "Nothing compares to your food."

- "Have you eaten? It's lunch time."

"I ate an apple just now, but I'm waiting for Nayara, so we can have lunch together. She let me know via text that she's almost here."

- "I'd have had fight with you, if you just had an apple in your stomach all day."

- "I figured; I know you. I'd like to have lunch with you. No food in this world beats yours."

I feel my ego inflate with her compliment. I've always loved cooking and made it a point to learn it early on, even if no one asked for it. I've never taken the line that just because I'm a woman I need to know how to cook. I learned it out of love and because I didn't want to overwhelm my mom when I felt like eating something.