- "She will need to do other tests, I will request, more detailed to try to understand her current condition. For now, the only thing I can advise you to do is let her get back to normal routine, as we still don't know if this memory loss is temporary or if she will never remember those year she forgot."

Oh, that's great! Does going back to normal routine mean living under the same roof with that idiot? Not really, I would rather not remember anything and stay with my parents. Living with her is what I won't do, I refuse to have to go through it. Unfortunately, my mother doesn't seem at all happy with the idea, and when I hint at it, I get an extreme dry response. I want to know why she's wanting to trap me in this meaningless marriage.

- "Luiza, we are trying to do what's best for you. The doctor said it might help you regain your memory. What is all the fuss about to return to your own home with your wife? You love her so much."

- "No mom!", I say it in jest. "I am not married to her and I don't love her. I hate Valentina Albuquerque with all my might! That's a very bad joke from some parallel universe."

I completely lose my temper again, tired of hearing all that stuff. I can't stand the idea of living with Valentina, imagine thinking that I married her and that everyone around me is saying that I love her. It's just impossible. My chest rises and falls, and mom looks at me, surprised by my outburst, nodding. Sure, she's disappointed, but I want her to understand my side. We hear whimper, then I look back. I feel like a mischievous child being caught in the act. Dad stands next to that idiot, holding her over her shoulders. Valentina looks at me like I am some kind of monster, I don't know. It looked like she is scared. I don't know her to identify her looks, but this is definitely not a happy look, but it's also far from an angry look. Is it hurt? I had to admit that this look is really making me sick, but it really is. It seems that seeing Valentina like this affects me directly. I know I have no feelings for her other than hatred, but I have never been insensitive to the point of not having empathy. May be that's always have been my problem: worrying too much about everybody.

Dad says something soothing to her ear, seeming to encourage her. Well, I don't really care. Valentina hears everything and nods, turning to leave the room, but not without giving me a last look.

She just can't stop staring at me, and that's baffling, to be honest. Mainly because there isn't that superiority that I am used to. There's something different, and I feel bad, I confess, and it gets even worse when my father looks at me and his expression scares me. I shrug, feeling tiny. When I was younger, my father almost never scolded me and my sisters, but his looks were enough to make us scared.

- "Did you really need to say all those things, Luiza?"

He scolded me in a way he had never done before. Like I said, dad never screamed, because it wasn't necessary.

- "Valentina has already signed your discharge. You go to your house, yes, and no more discussion on this. There is no use of whining. Want to act like a child? Then I will treat you as one", he commanded in a firm voice. Making it clear that there was no alternative but to obey him. Mom doesn't look at me angrily, but you can see in her face that none of this made her happy as well. To be honest, she looks disappointed, and it kills me inside. I hate to let her down. With my arms crossed and head bowed, I walk past the two of them and leave the room without looking back. I would like to remember everything, at least things would be easier. My parents still linger a while, talking to Dr. Kauan to learn more about my condition. They seem intent on helping me recover. I also want to recover. I also want to recover as soon as possible. The doctor indicates us a psychologist, saying that she can help me. Well, all help is welcoming in that case, right?

- "Mom?" I call when they said goodbye to me, taking advantage of the fact that they hadn't gotten in the car yet. She stops and watches me, so I take a moment to head towards her. "Do I really have to go to Valentin's house? I don't know her well, I feel weird."