"I understand, my sweetheart. Thank you for telling me."

You gathered up some courage then looked at your mother, "....Is it wrong of me to have these feelings for her? And is it wrong of me to.... hope that something would happen?"

Your mother was caught by surprise at your questions and thought for some moment before pulling you into a soft embrace and stroking your head lovingly.

"Having feelings is not wrong. I can understand why you started seeing her this way; she's beautiful and exceptionally talented, isn't she?"

"Mhm.... and really kind and generous. Everyone calls her the Ice Queen and thinks she's mean but she cares so much for her students and wants only the best for us. I.... I don't know how I started having these feelings for her, but I couldn't hold them back after a while."

"Mm, I can understand, that's completely natural. You don't need to have a concrete reason to fall in love with someone, I can see your feelings are quite real and not just mere attraction."

"....You are not against this, mom? Considering she's my teacher and a bit older...."

"Hm, how old is she actually?"

"Uh, I believe 29 or 30? I have never asked her but Ms Lisa is the same age as her and I know she's 29."

"Oh, that's not too bad. Actually, it's much better than what I was expecting. I did think of her to be quite young. Rather than her age and your professional status with her, I'm more concerned about something else...."

"....She's married?" your mother nodded and you continued, "She's actually not married, she told me yesterday. The ring is a proposal ring given by her fiancé but they didn't get married in the end, I don't know what happened between them but she says she's moved past him."

Your mother pondered for a moment, "If she's moved past him then.... why still wear the ring? If something bitter happened between them then she wouldn't want anything to do with him...."

"I know, I thought the same. Maybe it shows she's not open for a new relationship yet?"

"Could be, maybe she still harbours feelings for him and can't move on.... She may have agreed to not marry but feelings are complicated and not so easy to deny. You should try to find out what exactly happened to him. I reckon he's possibly.... well, dead."

You looked at her in shock, "That's.... I didn't think of that possibility. I thought maybe he cheated on her, or they had a serious argument and decided to spend some time apart before reconciling...."

"I don't think cheating is possible, she doesn't seem like the type to still hold onto him if he did that. But again, I barely know her well enough to judge this way."

You sighed together as you sat back up, "Um.... so, you are okay with this, mom? Should I... try to be with her?"

Your mother smiled and cupped your face, "I won't stop you. It may take some time for me to get used to it but I have faith in you. Just.... do not hurt yourself in the process. I don't want to discourage you but realistically, the possibility of rejection is considerable. And you still need to focus on your studies and career too, she's the main person who teaches you so don't get distracted."

You nodded with a smile, "Yes, I understand. I'll do my best. Thank you so much, mom..."

She wrapped her arms around you and embraced you with a smile then remarked, "Hmm....if you had told me earlier then I would have given you some ways to flirt with her, you know?~"