19. Milkshake

Everly

I huddle closer and inhaled sharply. A smile spread across my face, I can never get tired off taking in his scent. He pulled me closer and now my head's on his chest.

Whatever this dream was, it felt so good, I don't mind starting my day with it. Better then a nightmare for sure.

"Good morning" Hardin said and my eyes flutter open.

He was staring down at me. His blue eyes piercingly sparkling then his beautiful smile. Is this also part of the dream?

I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times to be sure I wasn't sleeping. Realizing I wasn't, I looked around me. We'd slept on the sofa last night, together in each other's arms.

When did we get there? How did we get there? Surprisingly shocked, I leaped up to my knee. Hardin fell with a thud since he was sleeping on the edge of the sofa. He grunted. Horror evidence in my eyes, I gasped. I dont even know which of the reasons I did. Hardin falling from the sofa, or the fact we'd slept together in this tiny space.

"Are you ok?" I asked him as soon as he was on his feet.

"Nothing's broken" he still had that mischievous smile covering his face.

"How did we end up...like that?"

"You don't remember?"

I tried doing a memory search but nothing. What on earth could have happened?

"Hgh...you asked me to stay? Remember?"

"Stay?" He gave me a curt nod.

What has my sleepy self done this time around? That's when I remembered. Hardin and I watched a movie last night and I dozed off while leaning on his shoulder, if am right. Why did I tell him to stay?

"You...umm..asked me to stay with you because you didn't want to have nightmares anymore? You held onto my wrist...desperately, after I covered you with a blanket?" Hardin's hands were in his pocket and he was smirking now.

Suddenly everything came back to me.

"Please stay. Don't leave me. Don't want to have nightmares. I'm only fine if you're with me. If you aren't here...Sleep here with me."

My face blushed with all shades of red. That was really cheesy. And so inappropriate. 'Sleep here with me'? I said that too? I feel so embarrassed right now. I would feel better if the thickest fog covered me up and take me away from here, away from him.

"Hgh, I'm gonna go wash up." I sprinted up the stairs as fast as my feet could carry me, away from his sight.

I banged the door closed and lean against it. I laid a hand on my throbbing heart. I must've really run. I strode towards the dressing mirror. My face and neck were alot redder than I thought. Shit.

My alarm went off. It's 10 already? How did I wake up so late today.

"We woke up, honey. It's a 'we'." My subconscious mocked.

"Shut up" I snapped back and rushed to the bathroom, pyjamas still on as the poured down on me. I wanted to freeze out this hotness I feel, this thoughts, this embarrassment I feel.