14. Business trip

Hardin Alexander

I stood at the entrance of the airport waiting for Eve. I don't know why I couldn't just go to the waiting lounge and wait for her. Maybe because anything could happen here too. There are about one or two emergencies at the airport once in a while. I want to help her if she had any attack again.

Yesterday I saw her leave Althea's ward when I was going to see her after speaking to her doctor. And I saw her collapsed on the floor unable to breath. I wanted to run to her hold her in my arms but knowing Eve she would avoid me to the ends of the world if she knew I saw her like that. So I held back. Thank God her friend was there.

Now, I stood here waiting for her for only one reason to protect her. Don't know why am doing this but it felt right. Finally she came to view. James was dropping her. He got out of the car and opened the door for her. He went to his trunk to unload her suitcase. Then they held hands and I saw her laugh and smack James on the shoulder. He hugged her briefly and then she walked inside. I rolled my eyes at the whole scene.

"Miss Everly is here" my head of security informed. I nodded.

"Hardin?" She was stunned. Her eyelids dilated and her gaze trail all over my body. Do I look so bad in a turtle neck and trench coat?

I exhaled. "Finally here" I finally paid attention to what she was wearing and I regretted ever asking her to wear jeans and blouse around me.

She wore this black squared-necked three-quarter sleeve blouse that ended just on her waist and the blue jeans took over from there. The tiny waistline of the jeans clasped to her stomach tightly showing her hour-glass stature. I bet she had her jeans customized, because those hips and ass won't fit in a pant of those kinda waist measurement. Her hair was in a bun, they rested, fell like waves behind her. The baby-curls on her forehead made her look ages younger. She wore a nude lipstick revealing her pink lips that matched with her hazel eyes. Those eyes...

Damn

She modelled towards us in her not so tall heels.

"Did you just got here?" She asked. Then her eyes trail over me again, going all the way to my unwaxed hair. Do I look that bad? Her gaze was piercing as fuck. One of my securities took her suitcase.

I nodded to her question and we strode inside. I lied I was waiting for you. My subconscious informed.

"Está jodidamente caliente, si tan solo no tuviera la lengua afilada.(He's so fucking hot, if only he didn't have a sharp tongue)" She whispered in Spanish and rolled her eyes.

I froze. "What did you just say?" I asked in utter shock.

"Oh nothing, that wasn't for you" she faked a smile.

Ok, so she doesn't know I understand Spanish really well even though I can't fluently speak. I smirked; she thinks am hot.

I wonder what more she would say if I continue to pretend.

I man pulling a trolley passed us, nudging her on her shoulder, she stumbled and fell into my chest.

"What the fuck" she snarled. The man turned. He was a Korean and he bent down to apologize to her severally. "joesonghabnida (sorry)" the man said.

She gave him a smile and, "amugeosdo aniya.(it's nothing)" she told him.

"You speak Korean too?" I was stunned.

"Only a little, the basics" she told me. She really is full of surprises. I keep learning new things about her everyday. I found her exciting. I wonder what's next. But most importantly am curious about her past. What made her have that kind of breakdown just by seeing a spill of blood?