Chapter 1

As Altalpune woke up, she heard noises coming from outside. She lazily walked out of her room and into her kitchen, and there was the noise. Once more, she walked past her arguing parents. They had done this every day. She wondered if her parents were even compatible with each other if they were always fighting. As she made her toast and walked out of the room, she went to the restroom and nearly dropped her toothbrush. She was staring at her reflection, right? It couldn't possibly be her. She was staring at herself. Her once black hair had metallic sort of blue streaks in her hair, that glimmered in the light. Her face that was once filled with freckles had a crescent moon on her face. Altalune stared at herself for quite awhile. Was it really her? She realised she couldn't go to school looking like she was some weird attention seeker, so she left her home with a hood over her head and ran to the store. As she looked around the shelves of several hair products, she finally found black hair dye. She paid for it and ran home. "Thank goodness its a Sunday.." she angrily muttered to herself. After paying and dying her hair black, she decided to go to the library and study. As she looked for books to read, she realised her appearance kept changing. The dye wouldn't stick and her hair was back to blue before she dyed her hair. Out of panic, she ran as quick as she could to find answers in the library. After coming across what looked to be a "childrens fairy tale" as Altalune said, she had realised one thing.

She needed to find her soulmate.