six

CHAPTER SIXnot bad for a daughter of aphrodite

CHAPTER SIX
not bad for a daughter of aphrodite

DESPITE BEING APHRODITE'S DAUGHTER, AURORA HAD NEVER ACTUALLY LIKED ANYONE

DESPITE BEING APHRODITE'S DAUGHTER, AURORA HAD NEVER ACTUALLY LIKED ANYONE. sure she was nice to people (it wasn't her fault they took it as flirting, she was 12 after all) but she didn't know how to act around someone she liked. was she supposed to be sarcastic, nice, funny?

"guys you need to open that window now!" aurora called out to the two boys, she and annabeth rushed over to them.

suddenly a creak from the window was heard, making the two turn back. "i don't think these windows are supposed to—" grover began but was cut off by a fury landing in the bus. "oh no,"

"go, go, go." grover rushed percy, the two running to open the windows in the back. an alarm started beeping as they pushed the window out.

"everyone leave your belongings and exit the front of the bus." the driver spoke in the intercom, everyone stood up, an occasional person bumping into the woman so she couldn't get past.

aurora took her ring off, the silver diamond ring transformed into a sword, better to be safe than sorry. suddenly a different fury came flying through the window, pushing percy and grover down.

aurora threw the sword at the lady, she shrieked in pain before evaporating. yeah a common misconception was that aphrodite's kids couldn't fight, but guess what she used to be a war god too.

"we're done here, let's go," annabeth pulled her as aurora grabbed her sword from the ground, it transformed back into a ring as aurora slipped it on her finger. annabeth pushed aurora in front of her so she could get out first.

"ugh, i haven't touched up my hair this whole time," aurora groaned pulling out a compact mirror she had with her, she always kept one just in case. her hair wasn't ruined or anything there were just two or three hairs that were coming out.

the group was walking through some woods— don't get her wrong aurora loved nature it was beautiful like her, but a muddy forest filled with bugs wasn't her go to, aurora stopped to adjust her hair— percy noticed and stayed back with her.