WHAT THE

Entering the serene room, San released a sigh of relief, flicking on the light and running a hand through his damp hair. A long day had taken its toll, and he needed a shower to alleviate his stress.

Seating himself on the edge of the bed, San's ears perked at the distant vibration of his phone on the nightstand. With a weary huff, he reached for the device, eyes widening as he stared at the screen

Young-ah (Amicus) 🦊🤍:

If you don't call me back, I'm heading to your place in 5.

Realizing he had forgotten about Wooyoung, San cursed under his breath, hastily sending a text to explain the chaotic situation he found himself in. Wooyoung, eager for updates on the interview, had bombarded him with unread messages, expressing concern and even considering that San hadn't secured the position.

While San felt a pang of guilt for keeping his best friend in the dark, his primary worry was the potential encounter between Wooyoung and Officer Kim outside the house. San feared Wooyoung's talkative nature might inadvertently expose the lies he had crafted. Worried that Wooyoung might not have grasped every detail of his situation, San feared his best friend might unintentionally jeopardize the delicate web of deception he had woven.

San's phone vibrated once more, but instead of another text, it was a video call from Wooyoung. Letting out an exaggerated sigh, San accepted the call, greeted by the sight of his best friend's face filling the screen, accompanied by a loud exclamation.

"YO! WHAT THE..?!"

San rolled his eyes, settling against the headboard as he retorted, "Why are you facetiming me? You see my face almost every day."

Wooyoung pulled back from the screen, revealing his upper half as he ran a hand through his long, oreo-toned hair, shooting a glare at San through the screen.

"To see if you're lying to me," he stated with his signature 'duh' expression. "Did you see what you just sent me?! Please tell me it's a silly prank!"

"It's not," San whined, his attention snagged by Wooyoung's peculiar attire. "Why are you wearing a jacket over your pajamas?"

"what? I was on my way to break into your place!" Wooyoung retorted, glancing down at himself. "I thought you weren't accepted in the new job and you're likely in your room weeping or something."

"I wish that was the case." San sighed dramatically, fake-crying.

"No you do not."

That elicited a huff from San, annoyance etching on his face. He loathed how accurate his best friend could be.

"Fine, maybe not, but seriously, you can't come over until we meet tomorrow and discuss everything," he warned, pointing a finger at Wooyoung. "I can't trust you not to spill everything. I've still got that cop's car parked outside, plus an omega and a newborn in the other room. And tomorrow's my first day at MYG Capital Group. I have no idea what to do about Yeosang and the pup. I can't leave them all day, they need care!"

San vented his frustrations to his friend, who remained blank-faced, slightly offended by the accusation of having a loose tongue, although it wasn't entirely unfounded, but he didn't need to rub it on his face.

"Who's Yeosang?" Wooyoung blinked.

"who else but the omega I ended up with to dodge that speeding ticket?" San groaned, squeezing his eyes shut, his patience wearing thin.

"oh, so it's a male omega?" Wooyoung's eyes widened.

"that's your main concern right now?" San shot back incredulously. "unbelievable."