The Heartbreaker 2 (𝕤𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕪)

~•~|★|~•~

I'll spare you the boring details.

Like the way Chris' shirt clinged to his sculpted arms or he looked me dead in the eye with those bright blue orbs of his whenever I was talking or how his smile could light up New York City after dark.

Anyway.

I acted all shy and grateful as he escorted me to the nearby café.

"Kiera, right? I seen you around a lot." started Chris "I've just... uh, never had the courage to talk to you, I guess."

He chuckled nervously and I smiled shyly back.

"Same here. You're just... always surrounded by a hoard of fangirls..." I trailed off, looking out the café window for dramatic effect.

"I suppose it's just an occupational hazard." he smiled "Really, I'd prefer it if they left me alone. If I'd known being a Superhero was more paparazzi than actually saving people..."

He joined me in our silent gazing out the window.

Soon the silence became so heavy I almost asked him why a clear picture of his ideal woman hadn't shown up when I used my power on him, but thankfully, our drinks arrived just then.

"Tell me a bit about yourself, Thunder Cloud." I said, taking a sip of my tea.

It was a bit out of the shy character I was playing, but I desperately needed to get to know him better and being all doe-eyed and quiet about it wouldn't get me anywhere.

"Chris." he corrected "And I'd love you! Let's see... My favorite color is green, I have two Pomeranians, Fang and Ripper, I love Star Wars and I enjoy reading all of Rick Riordan's books."

"I'm sorry, Fang and Ripper? The Pomeranians?" I laughed quietly and he lit up at the sound.

"Yeah, they're absolutely vicious! I'd watch out if I were you. If you're a dog treat, that is."

I snorted as he continued to chatter and joke. I actually sort of enjoyed his company a tinsy tiny bit. But I didn't forget my mission, so there was no use getting attached to him.

וו×

The date went surprisingly well. Thankfully, the subject of conversation never drifted towards superpowers so I never had to tell him about my unusual one.

But he never once hinted what type of girl he liked. It was infuriating and hot at the same time. His attention never seemed to leave me and he devoted himself to entertaining me.

I couldn't help but enjoy myself. This was possibly one of the best dates I'd been on, and that's really saying something.

"Well, Kiera, it's been amazing meeting with you." smiled Chris once we'd reached the front door of my home.

"Same here." I smiled. I told myself I didn't for the sake of show, but deep down I knew it was genuine.

Chris dropped me off at I went back inside. I'd gotten behind on plotting and wasted precious time enjoying myself instead of learning Chris' weaknesses. Now it was time to make up for that.

וו×

"She did WHAT!?" I snorted, very different from the girlish giggle I would use with my previous boyfriends.

"She proposed to me! I swear, I had never seen that girl in my life then one day she shows up at my doorstep, claiming we were meant to be together. Some of my fans are just plain bonkers!" laughed Chris over the phone.