Prologue

In the depths of a dimly lit study, shrouded in an eerie silence, a man stood before an ancient oak desk, its surface littered with aged parchments and arcane artifacts. Years of relentless pursuit had led him to this moment, where the culmination of his obsession loomed ominously within his grasp.

His hands trembled with anticipation as he unfolded the decrepit writings before him. The markings, etched in ancient ink, revealed the long-told prophecy —a key to unlocking unparalleled power. The moment he had yearned for, spent countless sleepless nights dreaming of, had finally arrived. A knock on his door drew him from his concentration.

Snarling, the man's voice bellowed in the dark as he beckoned in the imposer. "What do you want."

The door creaked open, and a timid figure stepped into the study, casting a trembling glance toward the man. It was a mere servant. His presence bore an air of both fear and resignation.

"Master," The boy stammered, his voice barely audible amidst the profound silence of the study. "Forgive my interruption, but news has arrived. It concerns the subject you seek."

A wicked smile stretched across the man's face, his eyes narrowing into sinister slits. Shadows flickered and danced around the room as a gust of wind, seemingly summoned by his malevolence, whipped through the open window. As the frigid breeze whispered through his icy black hair, the sinister glint in his eyes intensified. "Speak," he commanded, his voice laced with a malevolent undercurrent.

The servant flinched from the tone, daring to look at anything but his own feet. "Now that the girl will soon come of age and step into her full potential, the wards that were put around her have weakened tremendously. One of our seers has been able to pinpoint her growing energy and locate it."

The man's grin widened, revealing a set of pearly white teeth, shadowed by the wickedness that consumed him. The news of the girl both intrigued and excited him, his malicious desires dancing like searing tendrils of black flame within his eyes. "Excellent... At last," he hissed, relishing the newfound opportunity that lay before him. "Prepare my agents. They shall bring her to me when her power is fully unleashed."

As the trembling servant nodded in obedience and scurried away, the man turned back to the ancient writings, his fingers tracing the faded ink with a perverse reverence. The prophecy had foretold of this girl, a vessel of untapped potential whose energies would amplify his own dark powers. The thought of bending her to his will, harnessing her enigmatic talents, thrilled him beyond measure. With one final look at the written scroll on his desk, the man tilted his head to the dark sky and laughed, evil and unforgiving.

"I told you, my dear Esme. You wouldn't be able to hide her forever. It's only a matter of time."

...