"Alright, Mackenzie, Caleb, Joe, Slyvia, and Myron are with Mackenzie's Dad," Ms. Romanoff says.

"Noah, Nova, Julian, Brynn, and Cassidy are with me," Ms. Romanoff informs.

I look over at Noah and smile before looking at Ms. Romanoff, who smiles at me, continuing to read the list. Noah, Julian, Brynn, and Cassidy head to my desk. Ms. Romanoff walks over two minutes later, and we board the bus. I sat with Noah and Ms. Romanoff while Julian, Cassidy, and Brynn sat together. 

We arrive at the Museum 15 minutes later and embark on our journey. The first place we visited was this exhibit with the Og Avengers. 

"You look so cool!!" Noah exclaims, stretching his arm to point at Ms. Romanoff. 

I look at Ms. Romanoff to see her reaction, but she's looking at Noah in concern. I follow her gaze and see the large cut on his arm. George has cut us once or twice, but I didn't think it was visible. I mean, the cuts weren't that big. I walk over to Noah, pulling his arm down. 

"Hey!! What was the for!?" He questions.

"Ms. Romanoff is on to us," I whisper, and he looks over at Ms. Romanoff, who is looking at us.

"Don't look. It looks suspicious," I whisper.

"So does us whispering!!" He whispers yells. 

"Everything alright, Noah and Nova?" Ms. Romanoff.

"Yeah, we were talking about how cool you look," I respond.

"And how did Noah get the cut on his arm?" She questions.

"What cut?" I question playing dumb. 

"Are you being abused?" She accuses us, and we don't answer. 

I look down in shame, but she's lifting my chin with her hand, forcing me to look at her.

"Hey, is it that bad of abuse?" She questions, and I nod. 

"I got good news," She says, making Noah and I perk up in excitement.

"I got approved. Today is your last day there," She informs us.

"Are you serious!?" Noah exclaims. 

"Yep. Let's finish the trip," She says, guiding Noah and me forward.

We finished the trip and headed back to school. There were 30 minutes left, so we played a Kahoot for the remainder. The bell rings, and Noah and I sprint to our house. I cautiously opened the door, not wanting to face their wrath if they were sleeping or drunk. The coast was clear, and we were ready to run upstairs until I got thrown back into a window. I wince in pain because of the cut that was on my back. George closes the door and flings Noah onto the kitchen counter. 

He then comes back to me and kicks me in the stomach. I gargle but manage to keep my lunch in my stomach. I try to stand, but he kicks me in the side, launching me into a vase. Once he's satisfied with me, he goes back to Noah. He kicks Noah repeatedly in the stomach before kicking him once in the face. All I can do is watch as Noah gets beat up.

"You dumb brat!!" He says, kicking him in the face. 

"How did somebody find out!?" He questions, kicking Noah in the face once more. 

"Answer me!!" He bellows, bringing out the knife.

"I don't know, please," Noah weakly gets out.

"We should have never agreed to you two kids," He says, making a small cut in Noah's stomach.

Noah gasps, and blood comes out of his mouth while he holds his hand over the cut. He passes out, but the blood keeps trickling down his face.

"Stop!! Right now!!" Someone screams.

I very slowly turn around and find Ms. Romanoff pointing a gun at George.

"Lena, help Nova," Ms. Romanoff says, and the girl complies. 

"Are you okay?" The girl questioned, helping me stand, but I couldn't, so I collapsed onto her.

"Help my brother, please," I plead, passing out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I don't know what's wrong with me and why this chapter got so dark at the end. This was the last chapter of Noah and Nova for a while because I need to finish this book. Proofread by Grammarly cuz we love Grammarly.

BYE-BYE POOKIE BEARS!!

SIX  AND A HALF MORE HOURS UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY!!

Word Count: 1142