"Really?"

"Ryan.."

I just raised my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to crack under the pressure.

"We're taking it slow."

"I knew it!" I said with a grin while Sandy, Trey and Seth all made oohing noises at Ryan, who grinned.

"Oh, it's a good thing she's no longer your neighbor."

"Yeah, it's hard to take it slow with her next door." Seth added.

"Soo, Caleb and Julie are off on their trip." Kirsten told us, walking back into the kitchen.

"Oh what are we gonna do without them?" Sandy said sarcastically and Kirsten fought a smile.

"Well for starters..the housekeeper got deported and so there's no one to stay in the house with Marissa so I told Julie that Marissa could stay here for the week."

Everyone looked at Ryan with identical looks of amusement, except Kirsten who was oblivious of our previous conversation.

"That'll help keep things at a snails pace."

About ten minutes later, I was helping Seth put the dishes into the dishwasher when Sandy walked back into the kitchen.

"Hey, gentlemen..and lady-" Sandy said, glancing at me. "I'm chairing the OC pseudo charity yard sale."

"Gee Dad, that is fantastic." Seth told him as we walked out of the kitchen and I smacked him on the arm.

"Good luck with that." Ryan told him, also leaving the kitchen.

"I need your help, what're you doing?"

"Well, never thought I'd be so happy to say this but Ryan, Ally and I have school." Seth told his dad.

Ryan nodded and pointed to his watch.

"That's your excuse today, tomorrow you're mine. What're you doing today?" Sandy told us, then turned to Trey, who'd been about to leave too.

"Looking for a job."

"I got one for ya. Me you and the Newpsies."

"What's a Newpsie?"

~~~~
I walked to the couch in the student lounge and sat down beside Seth and Ryan.

Seth was busy demonstrating what might happen when Marissa moved in and I shoved him playfully as Marissa herself walked up to us.

"What're you doing?"

"Hey. I gotta get going..to class or I'm gonna be late." Seth said to Marissa, quickly standing up.  I rolled my eyes at him as he rushed away, then turned to Marissa and Ryan.

"Hey, I made a place for your clothes in my closet and the dresser too." I told Marissa as I stood up.

"Thanks, Ally. I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah, see you later." I told her, smiling at her and Ryan before going after Seth. I found Seth at his locker and walked over to him, smacking him on the arm.

Ryan came up behind me and shoved Seth towards the locker.

"Hey, don't blame me for your sexual tension!" Seth yelled to Ryan, who walked away but I could see he was laughing.

~~~~

I watched while Ryan and Seth took photos of the items that were going to be auctioned at the charity sale. Sandy brought us along to the country club with him since he was the chair for the event.