39. Homecoming

Tejas POV

"No, I'll be there a week before the ball." I tell the security incharge on the call, as I open the door to my bedroom and go to my closet for a pair of sweatpants. "And did you make sure about the employee verification system? Plus I told you to keep 5-6 people with verified backgrounds as backup for every possible service."

"Your majesty, it is under process."

"I don't want it to be under process. I want it to be done. I wanted it done yesterday as a matter of fact. If you find something fishy or if there's something about someone that you can't find just take him out of the list. We don't have time to waste on this."

"Yes sir." He said, as I chose grey sweatpants and kept them on my bed.

"Send me the final list when you are done." I said and kept the phone on the bed putting it on speaker as I started unbuttoning my formal shirt. "Anything else?"

"Sir, I just got informed that Princess didn't take your car to work today." He said, as I paused my hands resting on the third button.

"It's the end of the working day and I'm being informed now? Where is she at this moment?" I said buttoning my shirt back up and getting ready to leave.

"We... um... we have no idea."

"The fuck do you mean by..." I was saying as I heard the door open and walked out on impulse. Either it was Divjyot or it was a bad news related to her. I just knew it.

I opened the door to my bedroom and breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't the latter. She stood before me in a red salwar suit with her frock style shirt fluffy and loose around her growing belly as she walked in the door to my wing.

I looked at her, my eyes unable to leave the sight of her as I checked her out from head to toe. No injuries. She was safe. And that's what mattered, which reminded me...

"Why would you not take the bulletproof car?" I asked as her eyebrows shot up amazed. "I'm sorry. I just. Welcome back." I said and looked around for the flower vase to hand her something. Where were all the flower arrangements of this house when you needed them? We had half a truck of flowers delivered to the palace everyday and not one was in sight when I needed it.

"Sirr.. I think my voice got cut off." I heard from the phone on speaker kept on my bed. "The princess took her own car to work and also she didn't go to her office today. So we tracked her when she didn't reach. She went to the graveyard and then from there she drove to this little gurudwara in the village of Ther and then..." I ran back and pounced on my phone to disconnect. I looked up and saw that she no longer stood in the corridor but was moving her stuff in the room next door.

"I... Umm. Divjyot." I was saying as my eyes found Tejpartap's books lying in the corner. "Tejpartap lives in this room now." I say as she paused from opening her suitcase and looked at me.

"Why would he live here?" she asks, and these were the first words she spoke after stepping back in to my house and my life.

"Since Tejpartap left for med school and Raavi for her studies abroad, we three haven't lived in the same house. Then I returned from duty, Tejpartap moved out from the apartment and with Raavi settling back in with..." I was rubbing the back of my neck when I realized I was actually running around the point even though her question had a simple and direct answer. "He has trouble studying with the twins just across the hall."

"Okay, then get the room next door cleaned, while I go meet mom and dad." She says, walking towards me as I stood in the passage to the door.

"That room hasn't been used for a while."