Part 2/Chapter 11

Chidori and I first went to the thrift store. When we arrived, we saw Aiko and Haru there. We walked over to them.

"Hey, you two. You guys investigating, too?" I asked.

"Yes. We heard that Chidori and Izumi went here," Aiko motioned toward Chidori, "as well as Amy and Allie, right before... Yukiya was found. So we decided that we would also check here so we weren't in the dark." they explained.

"Because the dark is really scary!" Haru added.

"Yeah, it is really scary." I agreed, sympathizing with her.

"Do you mind... If we maybe search here, too?" Chidori asked.

"Go ahead, but... We couldn't find anything out of the ordinary." Aiko said.

"Thanks," I told them. "We'll be quick."

"The place is yours for now. We're gonna move on. Coming, Haru?" Aiko asked.

"Yep!" and with that, both Aiko and Haru left, leaving Chidori and I on our own.

"Wanna get started?" he asked.

"Might as well. Nothing holding us back, right..?" I agreed.

Chidori nodded, and we began our search. Just like Aiko had said, there wasn't too much around. Just some random items and clothing. Just like the store, though, there was a small section that had an arrangement of weapons. I shuddered when I passed it. There was one thing that unnerved me a little, though.

In the weapon area, there was a knife rack, which displayed multiple types and sizes of knifes. One of the medium-sized ones were missing. Yukiya... Did she take one..?

I also noticed that, unlike the supermarket, this thrift store had plastic bags to put your items that you bought into.

I think that there was a couple of packaging that had been ripped into. Like, for instance, there were some handcuffs, but the packaging had been ripped through in the back, as if someone opened it, but decided they didn't want it, and put it back in. I saw this same thing repeated with packs of socks and other small things.

Chidori and I then finished things up and we left the thrift store. Besides the wood, there was only one other place, which was the hot springs.

"I'm not quite sure what we're supposed to find at the hot springs, but I guess there isn't really anywhere else to look at the moment." Chidori noted.

"Well, I guess you never know..?" I said, still unsure myself.

When we arrived at the hot springs, Chidori and I started by looking around in the lounge-like area. There wasn't too much here, either, but I did notice some marks on the flooring. There were honestly a good amount of them. There were some near the door, some in the very middle of the room, and some right outside the door that led to the gender-neutral bath. Is this... A trail of some sorts..? I know for sure that these weren't here before, too...

"Hey, Chidori!" I shouted.

He came rushing over. "Yeah?"

"What do you think these are?" I pointed to some of the markings on the tile.

"Hm..? Oh... They look like... Some type of mark. Maybe... From a shoe, or something? Maybe someone wasn't picking up there feet enough... That's the only thing I can think of." he told me.

"I guess that makes sense... It's just... Doesn't it seem kinda suspicious to you..?" I asked.

"How so?"