Part 1/Chapter 3

Once Tomoka, Mirai, and I got to the end of the path, we decided to check out the hotel first, since it was the building closest to us.

"Oh, hey, automatic doors!" I exclaimed for no particular reason.

We walked toward them, and they opened, letting us continue on. As we stepped inside the place, I felt a cool breeze hit my face. That feels nice...

I then took a look around the room. It seemed to be a mix of a lounge and a mini restaurant of sorts, just like Monokuma had said. On one side, there were comfy sofas and couches, along with two large coffee tables. There was also something that resembled a reception desk. Separating one side from another was a small brick wall that you could easily see over. On the other side was a bar like area with a counter and cushioned stools, as well as booths and tables. Behind the counter was a small area for waiters and waitresses to work, and behind that was a swinging door that probably held a kitchen. On my right side was a staircase that lead up to the next floor.

"Wow. Okay. This is surprisingly roomy." I noted.

"Yeah, you're right. Look at how comfy the couches look!" Mirai said, strolling over to the lounge area.

"Wait. Is that a kitchen?!" Tomoka exclaimed, rushing in the direction of the counter. She went behind it and peeked into the room behind the swinging door. "Oh, my gosh! It is! Now I can make sweets for everyone!" That's right. Tomoka is the Ultimate Baker, isn't she?

"Is there already food in there?" I asked, walking towards her.

"It seems like it!" Tomka said excitedly. Without warning, she dashed inside. "You guys go on ahead! I'm gonna make everyone some delicious sweets!" she yelled from inside.

"Okay!" I yelled back. I decided to go on over to Mirai.

"Tomoka's baking already?" Mirai asked.

"Mhm. I'm honestly kinda excited. I wonder what she's gonna make?" I questioned.

"Who knows? Wanna keep exploring, or should we wait for her?" Mirai asked, not wanting to leave her behind.

"She said to go ahead and move on... So let's go, I guess." I answered.

She nodded. "Okay," As she stood up, I turned to my right and started towards the staircase. Mirai followed, and we both made our way up to the second floor.

Compared to the room that was now below us, it was rather bland. Nothing of much interest was there, just a small hallway with four doors on each side, as well as another staircase at the end of it. Only eight rooms..? They must be pretty spacious, then.

I also noticed that at the end of the hall, there were two individual bathrooms. Both were unisex, and the one on the left was a handicap one.

"I guess these are the rooms Monokuma was talking about..." Mirai guessed.

"Looks like it. Is yours on this level?" I asked, already searching for my own. On each door, there were nameplates that showed a person's name.

"Um... lemme check." she answered, and began to do the same. As I looked, I ended up finding one that said 'Mirai Kako' on it.

"Found yours!" I told her.

She came over to me. "Really?" I pointed at the doors nameplate, showing her the evidence. "Oh. Guess you're right!" she then reached for the door handle and grasped it. She opened the door and peeked inside.

"Oh, wow. This is spacious!" she exclaimed.

Oh, guess I was right, I thought. She stepped in the room. I wasn't able to see inside since she was blocking my view.