Goblins.. It had to be Goblins

In the morning Barbara woke up feeling refreshed.

However, something felt off and opened her eyes to see that she was still shrunken.

She screams when she realized she didn't revert to her normal size and Lucas came in through the door.

"What's wrong.. Oh, no." The man also saw that his stepsister was still tiny and closed the door behind him.

"Why am I still small?" She complained.

"I don't know." Lucas freaks out.

"Maybe stuff works differently on trolls than it does on humans." He explained.

"Wait, where's the gnome? What did you do with it?" The woman asked with concern.

"I may or may not have taken care of it." Lucas replied.

"Wait, you did it!? I thought I was supposed to- Oh, no! The surgery! I promised to go today! What am I supposed to do?" She panics.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and the two froze.

"Mom, I made you some lunch for work today." Jim spoke from the other side.

"Lucas, do something." Barbara whispers to her stepbrother.

Lucas quickly steps out the door and closes it behind him.

"Hey, kiddo. Sorry to say this, but unfortunately your mother is feeling a bit sick today. Caught a nasty cough. Don't want to get near her." The man nervously chuckled.

"Oh, well, I'll leave her lunch in the fridge if she wants it later. I have to go to school, I have a Spanish presentation." Jim replied.

"I hope she gets well soon."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her. You get going and good luck!" Lucas turns the boy around and watches Jim walk downstairs until he leaves the house.

Lucas goes back into Barbara's room to see her panicking.

"I can't call in sick, I promised I would come in to work. They'll probably be suspicious and think I'm trying to make an excuse.. Oh, I am in so much trouble!" Barbara began to hyperventilate.

"Hey, sis. Just calm down, because freaking out isn't going to help. Okay?" The man spoke.

Finally, the shrunken woman manages to calm herself down and rubs her temples.

"When do you have to head to work?" Lucas asked.

"Around three in the afternoon." Barbara replied.

"Well, all we can do is hope that you will change back before three. Besides, it'll wear off eventually, right?"

"Right."

"Look, I got to get ready for work. If anything happens, just call. I'll see ya later, sis."

The man waved goodbye and left the house.

Barbara sat back down on the pillow of her bed and let out a sigh.

"What is my life?" She mumbled to herself.

After a while, Barbara felt hungry and decided to leave the bed, but it was a little difficult due to her tiny size and everything around her was large.

She carefully slid down the bed and made it to the floor and left the room, thankfully her stepbrother left a small crack open from the door.

Then, she carefully climbs down the stairs which took a while. But when she made it to the bottom, she grew exhausted.