A Curse of Twisted Dreams

*chapter can be skipped, it's just here to say hi to readers and explain a couple things*

Summary

Ashlin Crest is not the chosen one--her twin sister Odella is. Blessed by the gods, Odella sets out on a quest to slay a vile beast. The world's continued peace relies on her success.

Except she doesn't succeed. She returns home without completing her mission, a broken shell of the girl she once was. The world still needs saving, though, and when a descendant of the gods appears in Ash's tiny village with an offer, she follows him. To help the world, and to save her sister.

But Ash isn't touched by the gods. She wasn't chosen, and there is more darkness in the world than she ever knew.

Those she should be able to trust become enemies, and everything she knew about Sominox and its gods begins to fracture. Only with the help of friends from the unlikeliest of places can she hope to succeed in this quest.

As it turns out, though someone unchosen may be exactly what the world needs to save it.

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to book one of what is planned to be the Dreamwoven series!  This book has been on quite the journey, going from a Cinderella/Little Mermaid retelling to a not-retelling-but-was-very directionless high fantasy with lots of Cinderella elements to what it is now.  So if you read either Midnight or Heart of Midnight, welcome to its newest, and hopefully final, iteration!

In these pages you will find a young woman going on a journey to save her sister, but nothing ever is quite what it seems.  It doesn't matter if she has magic or a godly descendant by her side when the world itself seems to constantly be upheaving around her.  There will be adventure, found family, magic, betrayal, pirates(!), and perhaps a dash of romance in there? 👀 

This will be a long journey, reaching almost 70k already with me still piecing together how it will all end.  I hope you all will enjoy this tale with me though!

As a note, this is only the first draft. I already know things about the earlier stuff I want to fix, but it will wait until the future drafts I keep offline. So please be aware of that going in. The grammar and such is mostly clean, but forgive storytelling or character bumps you may see. Regardless of the first draftness, I hope you enjoy!

Chapters

The chapters for A Curse of Twisted Dreams will usually be 4k-6k words, but for Wattpad they'll be broken up into parts of 1.5k - 2.5k, give or take.  Some may run longer, but it's fiiine.

This is because I understand that reading on Wattpad is harder on the eyes and it doesn't always book mark correctly.

However, because of this, chapter ends and starts may not always feel organic.

Chapters will also go up once a week on Saturdays.  With 30 parts already written, I should be able to accomplish this for a while.

Achievements

N/A