Joshua vs. the Space Ninjas!

thoughts, memories - italicized

"You won't believe this!" Kit exclaimed rushing into the dining room. On his face one could see the obvious emotions caused by the arrival of one of the best bladers. "Check it out! Joshua Burns is in town!"

"No way!" Honey exclaimed in disbelief, slamming her hands on the table.

"What did you say? Are you sure it's not a look-alike." Ange asked excitedly.

"Huh? Yeah why." Kit answered hesitantly, not understanding her joy about this.

"Believe it or not. I'm one of his biggest fans. I've seen every one of his movies at least twice." Ange explained. "The first one I saw was permit to thrill. I pulled my eyes out watching Joshua Burns in the pirate king's daughter. I love them all but my faith by far was showdown on tumbleweed ridge. And now he's here. It's a dream come true."

"Yeah. Sure. Whatever that's neat. I guess." Kit agreed. "But by far the coolest part is he's also a world-class blader."

"True story. The superstar is ranked fourth internationally." Shasa agreed. "That makes him a member of what the pros call the big five. Best of the best from around the globe."

"Oh right. No wondrous movies always end with a fierce bay battle." Ange said with realization. "He smashes through his enemies like a feeder through butter. I made a quilt of all his movies. I could show it to you."

All this time, Valt and the others sitting at the table not far from them were listening to their conversation. Silas poked Waki in the side with his elbow, noticing that she was about to fall asleep, scaring the captain, who once again did not get enough sleep. Wakari opened her colorless eyes, turning her attention to the silhouettes of the bladers who were sitting next to her.

"I want a piece of them. Who's in?" Rantaro asked enthusiastically.

Oh my God. Not him. Waki thought, not wanting to see or hear Joshua, who was the complete opposite of the calm Waki. Since the competition, he has been constantly trying to contact me.

"We can swing by the set and see if they need any extras." Valt agreed with Rantaro.

"I'll go with you." Cuza stated.

"And I'm with you." Carl repeated Cuza's words.

"Huh. They won't film amateurs like you." Silas stated grinning at the three boys.

"Maybe when pigs fly?" Rixen asked.

"Dream big." Rantaro objected.

"Listen up. I have great news." Kris said as she walked into the dining room ready to make an announcement. "You won't believe who called. Anyone want to be in a movie?"

Brilliant. This is the only thing I was missing today. Waki thought sarcastically. Just great.

"Me! Are they looking for bladers?!" Valt asked excitedly.

"They practically insisted." Kris put her hands on her hips with a happy smile.

"Incredible!" Valt said enthusiastically.

"I doubt you'll have any lines." Silas said sourly, placing his elbow on the table and resting his head on his palm for support.

"Knowing Joshua, they won't even have screen time." Waki agreed with Silas, crossing her arms on the table and resting her head on them.

"We'll be in the big battle scene." Rantaro said enthusiastically.

"Well, of course." Kris agreed. "They want your roles to be close to reality."