Chapter XIII

Central Calendar, 19th January 1639 (19th January 3983 AC).

Vice Admiral Sharkun, Head Commander of the Eastern Subjugation Fleet looks upon the view of his ships. 640 ships, a great amount for anyone to lead. He originally had around 720 ships, but few were lost to the Qua-Toynian and the Quilan Fleet coalition forces. He felt proud at the number of ships and the quality his country had produced, while a far cry to the Parpaldians in quality, they made up in numbers, enough to defend any incursion from the neighbor to the northwest.

He had heard about the massacres done in the new territories, but to this day he can't wrap his head around the logic of persecuting and slavery of the demihumans when they can be a great asset for the kingdom. While he was glad that Louria conquered the former two neighbors of the continent, it was not in his intention to enslave them. Even if slavery as a whole is an accepted concept in the 3rd Civilization Area and the Outer Areas, why waste manpower on senseless killings? The constant torment of the demihumans for the last few weeks had made him question the morality of his people, of his nation. And of course, paranoia began to creep up his spine. What if the whole purpose of the war was not to conquer and gain resources as he was told? What if the war happened out of spite, hatred, and primal savagery lust of King Hark Louria XXXIII?

He hoped that it wasn't the case, and just hoped that there was some ulterior motive to let this atrocity go rampant as it is. Still, he suspected that the King was simply doing this out of hate. He can only sigh, he's a soldier after all. He could do nothing much when he's only a Vice Admiral.

All of a sudden, he heard a high-pitched hum from the eastern horizon, a hum so inhuman, and painful to the ears. Out of instinct, he put his binoculars on, investigating the strange noise. There, he saw an out worldly view of iron wyverns!! The same one that the survivors of the 8th Wyvern Wing had encountered and got wiped out by two of. And now in his binoculars, he saw not two, but 75 Iron Wyverns!!!

"To Arms!! To Arms!!! Man your stations!! Incoming aerial attack!!!" He shouted, warning his men of the incoming doom.

His orders were spread to the entire Eastern Subjugation Fleet, from the once peaceful sail into a hectic one. He saw the Iron Wyverns ever closing, flying at low altitude, he didn't realize how fast they were until it was too late. Ten Iron Wyverns flew through them at such frightening speed, that small vessels were capsized by the sheer velocity of wind they made, while the remaining 40 circled about at a higher altitude.

"Open fire!!!"

He ordered his men to fire arrows and muskets they bought from the Parpaldian Empire, but to no avail that it didn't even hit the fast-moving Iron Wyverns. Sharkun knows these Iron Wyverns are simply toying with his fleet as if he were prey. Oh, who is he kidding, of course, they're being toyed with!

When the Iron Wyvxzerns circled about, five of them had their underbellies opened. Sharkun began to feel premonitions of dread, and then it came true when five of them shot out something, something that only came in the myths.

L-Light Arrows!! Do they have ASE weapons?!?

As the light arrows began to fly their way, suddenly the Light Arrows split open and gave birth to more! Hundreds of them at the size of an arm! While something of an arm might be harmless to the ships, Sharkun could not push away the dread that the Light Arrows posed. Out of instinct, he gave an order.

"Brace for Impact!!!"

His instinct did him service, as once the Light Arrows hit many of his ships, the explosions it caused were massive. So much so, that Sharkun was thrown back and hit the hard deck of his ship. He struggled to get up, the shock of the explosions caused him to stagger. When he regains his bearings, only dread fills him. His fleet was crushed within a single strike of the Iron Wyverns, only some hundred left, maybe less remained. The men, his men suffered a tremendous loss. Many of them burned to death, some drowned, and many struggled to keep themselves afloat.