Chapter 17

Erika's P. O. V:

I lie on my bed in my apartment a few days after the Hajime job. I have on a blue cold shoulder too and black skirt, my long blond hair in a ponytail.

 I have on a blue cold shoulder too and black skirt, my long blond hair in a ponytail

Rogue has asked me out on a date yesterday and we're going tonight. I've never been on a date before; this would be my first time.

I sigh and get out of bed and exit the apartment with Fang. We arrive at the guild hall and I go over to Yukino at the bar.

"Hey, Yukino," I greet as I sit down.

"Hello, Erika. Excited for your first date?" She responds.

I nod. "Both excited and a little nervous. I just hope I don't screw things up."

"I'm sure you won't," She assures me. "I'm sure you'll have a good time."

I ask, "Is Rogue back from his job yet?" He left this morning to take care of some bandits in a neighbouring town.

"Not yet. So you have plenty of time to get ready and relax," The Agria tells me.

I nod as I mutter, putting my head on my arms on the countertop, "Okay. I think Fang and I will just hang out here for the rest of the afternoon."

I spend the rest of the afternoon chatting to Yukino.

At around 5, I went home to get showered and changed for my date. I have changed into a strapless black dress with blue highlights and black heels, my hair unbound.

 I have changed into a strapless black dress with blue highlights and black heels, my hair unbound

I sit on my bed while I finally finish my drawing of Rogue and Frosch, adding in some colour. I complete it by the time I hear a knock on my door.

I blink my eyes in surprise at how fast the time went and go to open the door. Rogue stands there, wearing a red and yellow tuxedo type of outfit with a long sleeved white buttoned shirt beneath.

 Rogue stands there, wearing a red and yellow tuxedo type of outfit with a long sleeved white buttoned shirt beneath

I notice Frosch isn't with him.

I blush at the sight of the Cheney as he blushes at me in return. "Wow. Don't you look all dressed up," I comment.

"I could say the same to you, Erika-chan," The crimson eyed male retorts, making me giggle behind my hand. "You're beautiful, by the way."

My face heats up even more. I ask, "Thank you. Where's Frosch?"

"Sting's looking after him for me while I take you out."

"Oh, okay." I turn to the black wolf. "Will you be alright by yourself, Fang?" She huffs and I take that as a yes. I smile as I pat her head. "Okay. I'll see you when we get back."

I grab my blue purse and lock the door behind me and Rogue as we leave.

I ask as we walk down the street, "So, where are you taking us tonight?"

He replies vaguely, "You'll see."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The restaurant Rogue took us to was really fancy, which is why I suppose he told me to get dressed up.

We'd had a great time, eating delicious food and talking. We got to know each other even more.

At around 10: 30, we leave the restaurant and Rogue walks me home with our hands intertwined. His hand is so warm.

We reach my apartment in about twenty minutes and I turn to the black haired man.

"I had a great time tonight," I tell him.

"I'm glad. So did I," Rogue agrees.

"Do you want to come in? There's something I want to give you," I say. He nods and we enter my apartment to see Fang asleep on my bed. She immediately perks up and her tail wags as she hears us enter.

I smile and pat her as I reach around Fang to grab my sketch book. I take out the sketch of Rogue and Frosch and hand it to him.

"I finished it before you arrived earlier," I tell him, my hands behind my back as he studies it. "What do you think?"

After a moment, a smile curls at his lips as Rogue looks up at me. He says, "I love it. Thank you, Erika-chan."

I smile back as I blush at him.