Chapter 14

Erika's P. O. V:

"You little brat!" Hajime spits, getting to his feet as lightning crackles overhead. "Essence Make: Whip!"

He lashes out with a whip of green energy but I dodge it a lot faster this time.

"Lightning Rush!" I say as I flicker around his attack.

"She's so fast, I can't keep up with her," Gray says in shock.

"Yeah," Lucy agrees while nodding.

I dodge another whip attack and hood out both hands. "Twin Thunder!" Lightning forms around my hands and merges into one bolt that spins rapidly. I shoot it at the enemy and he gives a cry of pain as it makes contact. "Lightning Make: Disc."

I form a spinning disc of lightning and hurl it forwards. It grazes Hajime's right shoulder.

"Essence Make: Lance!" Hajime creates a few green lances and sends them in my direction. I use my Lightning Rush spell to dodge them. "Essence Make Spikes!" Green spikes shoot towards me but I dodge them with my Lightning Rush spell again. "Bullet!"

Green bullets fly right for me.

"Lightning Shield!" I form a shield of lightning that deflects the attack.

Wendy asks wearily, "Shouldn't we help her?"

Rogue murmurs back, watching me, "I think it's best if we stayed out of her way, especially if she chooses to use her Blue Lightning Magic."

I use my Lightning Rush spell to dodge anther barrage of bullets.

"Lightning Make: Cannon!" I form a massive cannon out of lightning and it fires off a cannonball that hurls straight for Hajime.

He's able to dodge somehow and sends a barrage of bullets in my direction.

I use my shield to block them.

"Thunder Tiger!" I form a tiger out of lightning and it lets out a roar before charging for the brunette.

He tries to avoid it but it scratches at him with its claws of electricity. Then the tiger tries to snap its fangs at him, but Hajime narrowly avoids it.

He holds out his hand and green energy is extracted from the lightning creature.

Gray points out, "He's stealing the essence from the lightning spell?!"

Erza breathes, "How is that possible?"

I ready my next spell. "Lightning Make: Eagle Fury!" I form multiple eagles of electricity and they got straight for Hajime.

He tries to dodge but they swoop and dive for him, snapping their beaks and attempting to scratch him with their talons.

"Essence Make: Bullets!" Hajime sends out several bullets that disrupt my spell. "Lance!" He sends a few lances in my direction.

I just my Lightning Rush spell to evade them.

"Thunderbolt!" I call down a bolt of thunder but Hajime dodges it this time. "Storm Bow!" I form a bow out of lightning and fire several arrows at Hajime. He evades those as well but one grazes his right arm.

"Essence Make: Whip!" He pauses out at me with his whip but I evade the attack. One lash strikes my right arm and I hiss.

I manage to dodge the others.

"Lightning Magic: Storm Halberd," I say before engulfing my feet in lightning. I then leap towards Hajime and slam my feet into his stomach, knocking him back with a pained grunt. I go to do the same attack again, but Hajime dodges and slugs me in the back with a kick.

I hit the ground and roll before stopping.

I jump back to my feet just in time to avoid being stabbed by a green sword of his.

"Lightning Make: Storm Excalibur!" I form my own massive sword and connect my blade with his. I pull back and swing my sword in a massive arc. He narrowly avoids it by leaning backwards.

Hajime and I clash swords together, sparks flying when they come into contact.

I feel Hajime graze my left side and dodge the next strike. I in turn strike his right leg.

I force Hajime back with another swing that slices above his head before I swing a bit lower. He blocks it and tries to swing at me.

I feel Hajime graze my stomach and jerk backwards. He strikes me again and I nearly fall over but I catch my footing.

"Not good," I think. "I need to end this quick."

Hajime aims another swing at me but I wasn't fast enough to dodge it.

"White Dragon Roar!" Sting shouts, knocking the man aside. I start, staring at him. He turns his head to Rogue. "Rogue, get Erika out of here! If this keeps up, Hajime might end up killing her."

Erza adds as she brandishes her sword, "We'll hood him off!"

"But—" I protest, only for the Cheney to grab my hand in his, face serious.

"No buts. Let's go," He says before dragging me behind him, Fang and Frosch following, while our comrades stay behind to defeat the Essence Mske Magic user.