Chapter 15

Erika's P. O. V:

"Rogue, wait! Stop!" I protest, as we were running through the trees back to the village. He doesn't stop until we're a safe distance away. I pull my hand out of his and frown. "Why did you do that? I could've handled him!"

"He was winning, and you were getting injured!" The Cheney retorts. "I was going to get you out of there, with or without Sting's order."

"Why?!" I demand to know, a little frustrated. Does he really think I'm that weak?

"Because I like you, Erika!" Rogue exclaims, startling me into silence.

"Y-You what?" I breathe.

He takes a short breath, facing me fully. "I like you. I've been meaning to tell you but haven't had the opportunity. If anything were to happen to you... I don't know what I'd do."

My heart flutters at his words and I stare into his crimson orbs. There's sincerity in them.

I reach out and cup his cheek as I say, "I've always liked you, too, Rogue, but you have to let me go back and fight Hajime. I don't know why he wants to kill me, but I'm just a normal mage..."

Rogue reaches up and places his hand over mine, giving it a squeeze. "I won't let him hurt you, I promise," He says in a wavering tone.

I smile a little, feeling my heart swell at his words.

"We should go back and help the others," I tell him. He hesitates.

"Promise me you'll be careful?" Rogue murmurs.

I nod my head as I reply, "I promise."

"When this I over, I'll take you on a date," The crimson eyed male tells me.

"I'd like that," I say. I drop my hand from his face. "Let's go back."

He nods and we race back to the battle to sue our friends.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Erza gives a cry of exertion as she rapidly slashes her swords at Hijame. He deflects them with his own green swords.

"Fire Dragon Roar!"

"Sky Dragon Roar!"

"Ice Make: Freeze Lancer!" Gray launches several lances of ice that attack Hajime from different directions.

"Open, Gate of the Golden Bull, Taurus!" Says Lucy. There's a flare of golden light before the bull with the giant axe appears, letting out a loud "Moo!"

He spins his axe and viciously swings it for the dark wizard. Hajime was able to deflect it with his twin swords.

"White Dragon: Holy Ray!" Sting cups his hands and white light bursts outward in rays. Some hit Hajime while others miss.

Hajime hisses and throws his hand out to the blond Dragon Slayer. Sting immediately feels a bit weak as he sways in place.

"Sting?!" Lector exclaims worriedly.

"Oh, man, I don't feel good," He mumbles, hand to his forehead.

"Hey, man, you okay?!" Natsu asks in concern.

Erza says in realisation, "It's just like what happened with Erika yesterday."

"You mean Hajime is stealing his essence?" Breathes Lucy.

Hajime holds his hand out to her and Lucy also starts to feel weakened.

"Lucy!" Natsu screams before punching Hajime in the side of the head, cutting off the attack. "Leave her alone!"

Natsu gasps when Hajime whips out his hand he feels his essence leave him, too, causing the Dragneel to drop to a knee.

"Oh, no! This is bad!" Happy cries.

"He's stealing all of their essence," Murmurs Charlele in shock.

Erza requips into her Clear Heart Armor which has bandages around her chest and red hakama pants with flames along the bottoms, before she rushes at the dark wizard.

With a cry of exertion, Erza swings bath swords and cuts deep into Hajime's left arm. He cries out as he whirls to her.

"You'll regret that!"

"Cease this at once and I'll spare you!" She threatens, holding up one of her swords.

Hajime sneers and thrusts a green lance at her, which Erza dodges. Sue requips into her purple Robe of Yuen and thrusts her spear back at the brunette.

They exchange vicious strikes, clangs echoing in the area.

Erza manages to knock the lance out of Hajime's hands and it embeds in the ground near them. Erza points her spear threateningly at him.

"Surrender!"

"Never!"

Hajime goes to extract her essence but there's the sound of lightning crackling from above, and a blond, spinning figure slams into him, knocking Hajime back.

Erza gasps when Erika lands in front of her, the lightning dying from her legs. "Lightning Magic: Drill!"

"Erika?! What are you doing back here?" The scarlet haired maiden demands as Rogue, Fang and Frosch show up. "I thought Sting had ordered you away."

"We were leaving," Sighs Rogue from beside Erza, "but Erika was too stubborn and came back here."

The magenta eyed girl gazes around and glares at Hajime. "I won't let you hurt my friends anymore, Hajime!" She declares before readying her next attack.

                        ⚡️⚡️⚡️

"Lightning Magic: Thunderstorm!" The Stormborne holds up her hand and lightning crackles through the sky. A few bolts shoot down and aim for Hajime.

He dances backwards but one hits him in the leg, making him cry out.

"Twin Thunder!" Erika covers her hands in lightning and two bolts shoot out before merging and spinning. The drill slams into Hajime, making him groan.

"Essence Make: Bullets!" He shoots a few bullets at Erika but she uses her shield to block them.

"Lightning Magic: Hammer!" She rushes forwards and swings her hammer, but Hajime dances backwards. Erika then slams the hammer on the ground, calling forth lightning, which Hajime narrowly misses.

"Essence Make: Lance!" Hajime forms the lance and goes to thrust it at Erika.

However, someone flashes in front of her and it hits them instead.

Erika couod only stare in numbed shock as Rogue coughs up blood.