Chapter 2

Erika's P. O. V:

The next morning, I get up, have breakfast and a bath, and then get dressed in my new work attire which is a short sleeved black dress with blue along my chest and down the front. I have the Sabertooth guild symbol on the left side of my dress front in the colour black.

My blonde hair is unbound and my long bangs drape over my right eye. On my feet are blue and black high heels.

Satisfied with my appearance, I leave the apartment with Fang and we head to the guild hall. I enter the bustling building and go over to the bar to greet Yukino, who's already working.

"Morning, Yukino!" I greet cheerfully.

She smiles at me. "Good morning, Erika. Did you succeed in finding your apartment last night?"

I nod as I reply, "Yup! It's not fancy or anything, but it's cozy enough for 70, 000 Jewel a month."

"That's a good grab. How did you sleep last night?"

I say with a dreamy sigh, clasping my hands under my chin, "Like a log!" I look at Yukino with a serious expression. "But now I'm basically broke after getting my new place, so I'm going to go on some jobs today."

"You should probably go with someone for your first day. Sometimes, it's better to work as a team than solo."

"Good idea. I'll ask someone once I find a job," I say.

"When you do find it, just let me know and I'll sign you off," Says Yukino.

"Thanks, Yukino," I say as I turn and head for the Request Board. I hum to myself as I study it, a hand to my chin. "Let's see... which one would be good for my first day as a Sabertooth mage..."

"Looking for a first job?" Asks a soft voice, startling me. I whip around to find none other than Rogue behind me, with Frosch.

"Rogue! You startled me a bit," I say. "But, yes, I am. I kind of became broke when I bought my new apartment last night." I laugh sheepishly as I sweat drop.

Rogue offers a small smile. "If you want, I can go with you on your first job? See how things go?"

I say appreciatively, "That would be great." I turn back to the Request Board. "I didn't realise there'd be so many."

"How about this one?" I suggest as I pick the job off the board and Rogue reads over my shoulder. "Some bandits are causing trouble in a nearby village and they want us to eliminate them. It pays quite a bit, too."

"Sounds good," Says Rogue.

"Fro thinks so, too," Chimes Frosch cutely.

"I'll show this to Yukino," I say. "Then we'll leave for Daffodil Village." I head back to the bar and hold out the flyer. "I'm going on this job with Rogue, Yukino."

She glances at it before nodding in approval. "Alright. Good luck."

I take it as I say, "Thanks. See you when we get back." I return to the Shadow Dragon Slayer with Fang. "Let's get going!"

Rogue then follows me out the door and we head for Daffodil Village.

                        ⚡️⚡️⚡️

We arrive at Daffodil Village after taking a Magic Mobile which I drove. I learned that Rogue, like all Dragon Slayers, get motion sickness from the Grand Magic Games.

We're out of the Magic Mobile and we take in the beautiful sight. It was pretty with houses made of wood.

Children play in the streets.

"Our client is a woman with three kids and they live in one of these houses on this street," I say. Rogue and I eventually find the house and we're invited inside.

"We're here for the job request about the bandits," Rogue informs the pretty redhead with green eyes.

"Ah, yes. Thank you for coming. Please, sit." She gestures to the living room. Rogue and I sit on the low couch. "For the past two weeks, the bandits have been attacking our village. They've hurt a lot of people killed others. I sent the request to capture them. Can you do it?"

I say assuringly, "Don't worry, ma' am. We'll take care of those thugs."

"Fro thinks so too," Says Frosch cutely.

"Thank you very much," Says the woman. "My name is Sasha, by the way."

Rogue introduces, "I'm Rogue Cheney, and these are my partners, Frosch and Erika Stormborne. She's a new member of our guild."

I say determinedly with a clenched fist, "I won't let you down!"

Sasha smiles and nods before we exit her home and head out to look for the bandits.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rogue and I keep an eye out for the bandits by scouting the village, but we haven't found them yet.

"They're not here," I say as we pause and drink some water. "Where could they be?"

"I don't know, but they're bound to show up eventually," Responds Rogue. "Let's go back to the main street and look there again. I agree and we go back.

Just as we arrive, however, the sounds of screaming fill our ears and we exchange glances before we run further back into the village.

Men and women swing weapons or their fists and feet at the villagers, injuring some while others manage to get away.

The bandits have returned and are attacking the people of Daffodil Village.