Chapter 9

Erika's P. O. V:

I sit at the guild hall with my chin in my hands while I'm wearing a strapless blue top with a black skirt and black leather jacket that's opened, blue and black heels on my feet. Some of my hair is in twin buns while the rest is loose. I have some rings on my right fingers and a bracket around my wrist.

 I have some rings on my right fingers and a bracket around my wrist

Fang is with me until a small voice catches my attention.

"Hi, Erika-chan!" I blink my eyes and look down to see Frosch.

"Hi, Frosch. How are you?" I return as I smile at him.

"Fro is good!" He replies as he spreads his white wings and flies up to my lap. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, just thinking," I say.

"Hello, Erika," Rogue greets as he comes up to us.

"Hi, Rogue. Frosch came to say hi," I tell him.

Rogue smiles a little as he asks, "Can I join you?"

"Sure," I say. He perches on the stool beside me.

"I've been meaning to ask you, how did you meet Fang?" The Cheney questions with a hint of curiosity.

"You want to know how we met each other?" I ask, making him nod. "Well, I met Fang about five years ago, I think. I found her limping through the forest outside my village while I was practising my Lightning Magic one day. I don't know how she got injured but it looked like a human might have made the wound. They probably discovered she had magic and tried to capture or kill her for it—especially her Healing Magic. So I took Fang to our small vet in the village and got her wound treated. Ever since, even after recovering fully, Fang has stuck by my side."

I reach down to pat my beautiful wolf as she leans up and barks proudly.

"That's incredible," Rogue murmurs.

"I know I can always count on Fang to watch my back in battle," I say, looking back at Rogue as she lies down again. "And I'll protect her from anyone who tries to do Fang harm."

"So you've been together for about five years, now?" Rogue asks, making me nod.

"Yes. I can't imagine life without Fang," I say. Rogue and I continue to chat for the next few hours and I get to know him more. I also found out he's a really good dancer, and that he met Frosch about six years ago or so.

Rogue soon leaves to go on a job with Frosch which leaves me and Fang alone once again.

Later, I take a walk through town with my wolf. Some people gaze at her wearily but she merely glances at them, sticking close to my side.

I remember later that I'm low on groceries so I go to the market and buy enough for the next week, including some supplies for Fang.

We head home and I put the stuff away before I do any chores around the apartment.

I then perch on my bed and gaze out the window as the sun starts to set.

"I think I'll go on a solo job soon," I mentally decide. "I'll have a look for one at the guild hall tomorrow. I wonder how Rogue is doing on his own job..."

My thoughts drift away to the Shadow Dragon Slayer. He's definitely cute, not to mention super kind. And thoughtful. And I really enjoy talking to him. It's also fun to him on jobs with Rogue.

I let out a dreamy sigh at the thought of the Shadow Dragon Slayer.

                        ⚡️⚡️⚡️

The next morning, I was at the guild hall with Fang while wearing a navy blue and light blue off the shoulder top with a black skirt that had blue patterns and stockings with my usual heels. There's a big blue bow at the front of my shirt and I have bracelets on my right forearm, and fingerless gloves on my hands, along with a heart shaped necklace when the guild doors open and Rogue and Frosch walk in.

 There's a big blue bow at the front of my shirt and I have bracelets on my right forearm, and fingerless gloves on my hands, along with a heart shaped necklace when the guild doors open and Rogue and Frosch walk in

I smile as I go over to them and greet, "Hey, guys! Welcome back. How did the job go?"

Rogue smiles at me as he responds, "Thank you. And it was a success. I need to give my report to Sting but I'll chat with you afterwards, okay, Erika-chan?"

I nod in agreement and watch as Rogue disappears up the corridor to Sting's office.

I let out a sigh before I turn and go back to the bar where I was sitting before with Fang.