Andrew responded a bit kinder to her than he did to Vince.

"I'm alright. Glad you're good though."

She smiled and looked behind him smile at me.

"You're Vivian, right?"

I nodded and smiled back at her.

"Yeah. It's nice to finally meet you, Anna. I've seen some Christmas photos with you in them. You're very photogenic."

She giggled.

"Thanks. I heard a lot about you that day. All Andrew would talk about was-"

Vince slapped his hand onto her head, messing up her hair and she stopped talking.

"Heyyy."

She complained and Vince laughed.

"Alright man. We're gonna go get some stuff. See you around."

Andrew patted his shoulder.

"Alright man. See ya."

The two of them walked away, leaving me and Andrew back to our grocery shopping.

"So, what was that about you talking about me?"

He kept walking with the cart and left me behind.

"Nothing. Hurry up, Zhu, I still need to cook dinner. It's getting late."

We made a few more stops at the refrigerated aisles, the fruit aisles, and then the meat, bread, noodles, sauce, and rice aisles to get the rest of our food.

We finally got to the checkout and he paid for the food and we loaded the groceries into the car.

He started the car and we went on our way back to the house.

"What are you making for dinner?"

"We are making fettuccine with cut steak."

"Huh? We?"

"Yeah, lazy girl. I'm teaching you how to cook."

I groaned, slumping back into my seat.

"But why? You know how to do it. Why do I need to know?"

He rolled his eyes, turning on his right blinker.

"Boxing season is starting up so I have to start competing."

"Aaaand?"

"Aaaand.."

He mocked as he finished his sentence.

"..that means I'm going to be home later. So I won't be able to cook for you every night."

I let my head droop and pretended I was dead.

"You're so dramatic, Zhu. I'll teach you a few different foods for a few nights so you have a bit of variety."

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh."

He shook his head as we pulled into the driveway and parked the car.

"Vivian."

"Hm."

"Look at me, pretty girl.

I looked up at him and he quickly kissed me.

"You'll be alright."

He turned off the car, got out, and grabbed some of the groceries as I sat there in shock.

What.. the.. f-

He shut the car door on the side he was on and it snapped me out of the daze I was in.

"I quickly got out of the car and grabbed the rest of the groceries from the back seat.

He locked the car door and opened the one to the house.

"Open up the fridge, Zhu. I'll hand you the vegetables first."

We put away all the food and Andrew took out one of the glass jars of fettuccine sauce, some of the fettuccine noodles, and one of the steaks.

"Alright, Zhu.."

I looked over at him and he was wearing his apron with no shirt.

"Where the fuck did your shirt-"

He threw another apron at my face, which shut me up pretty fast.

"..let's teach you how to cook."

I put the apron on and he walked me over to the seasoning cabinet.

"Okay, first you have to make sure you've got all the ingredients you need. So you take them all out and place them in order of which you need to use them."

I was already lost, but I wasn't gonna tell him that.

"We already have out the main ingredients, which is good since seasonings can be substituted. We need to grab Black pepper, salt, and garlic salt."

He moved out of the way and told me to grab those seasonings from the cabinet.

It took longer than I would like to admit because apparently, I can't read.

"Now, we need to get the butter, heavy cream, and grated parmesan cheese from the fridge. Find 'em."

He, once again, let me grab the items from the fridge, and once again, it took way longer than it should have.

Apparently, I'm blind too.

He was starting to get visibly irritated, but he kept his cool since I hadn't really cooked before.

"Okay, Zhu. Just fill the pot with water and put it on the stove. I'll grab the Olive oil."

He went to the other side of the kitchen and opened another cabinet grabbing the Olive oil.

Just then I dropped the pot and it made a loud ass clinging sound as it hit the floor.

He stood up, an agitated expression on his face.

"Alright."

He walked over, picked me up, and set me down on the bar stool at the island.

"Just watch. I'll cook."

I frowned, rolling my eyes.

He cooked dinner and we ate in mostly silence.

But it was an awkward silence and it made me feel horrible on the inside.

I barely touched my food and just poked at it for the most part.

"I have a mock match tomorrow after school."

He took another bite and looked up at me as he chewed.

"So I won't come home straight after school. You'll have to go home alone."

I nodded my head, still poking at my food

"That's fine.. I'll just walk back to the house on my own."

He sighed, finishing his food, and going to his room.

I stared down at my practically untouched plate, a stray tear falling.

I guess I haven't changed at all..

Devouring Her SoulOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara