4 - Break (Chapter 2)

"Rise and shine, my superstars! We have an adventure for today!"

Jax hopped out of bed, strolled out of his room, and knocked on Ragatha's door repeatedly.

"Cmon Raggy, you heard the flying dentures. Let's go."

"I heard him, stop knocking on my door!"

"Not until you open up, dolly."

The door flings open. Jax is met by the sight of Ragatha, staring right at him. He grins.

"Ready?"

"Ugh.. yeah."

They begin walking together.

"I don't get why we have to do an adventure today. We already performed yesterday."

"Cmon Jax, this might be fun."

"Since when have Caine's adventures ever been fun? I'm willing to bet it's hide and seek again."

Eventually, they made it to the main circus, where the others were waiting, including Caine.

"Now I know you guys are probably tired from your first performance in a while, so I've decided to give you a fun adventure to reward you for your hard work! Follow me!"

Says Caine, floating out of the tent. The rest reluctantly follow him, eventually reaching the lake. As soon as they make it to the lake, though, they hear a snap, and their clothes are gone, replaced by swimwear.

"I've decided to have you all do a mandatory stress-free day! No adventure, no performances, nothing! Enjoy, my dears!"

Caine says, disappearing into thin air right after. They all look at themselves, surprised at the sudden wardrobe change. Jax looked at himself, smiled, then looked at Ragatha, looking to tease her.

"Hey Raggs, don't these shorts look great on me?"

"Hm? Oh-"

As soon as she turned to face him, Jax grabbed her and tossed her into the lake. After a few seconds, she emerged from the water.

"JAX!!"

"Whaaat, I was just getting you into a swimming mood!"

"But why did you THROW ME INTO THE LAKE?!"

"Actions speak louder than words, dolly."

"Oh.. is that so..?"

"Best believe it, dollface. I-"

Before Jax could finish his sentence, Ragatha pulled him into the lake. Jax went under for a few seconds as well, then reamerged.

"Oh, it's on, dolly."

Jax splashed Ragatha in the face with water. Ragatha did the same. They started going back and forth with each other, continuously splashing one another. As Ragatha splashed and splashed, Jax dove under water and swam near her.

"Jax? You there?"

She said, not noticing the rabbit mere feet away from her.

"Helloooo, Jaaax?"

Jax came right up in front of her and popped out of the water.

"RAHH!!"

"AHHHHH!!!!"

Jax burst out laughing, pointing at Ragatha.

"Aw man, Raggs, you should have seen the look on your face!"

"J-Jax, not funny! I thought something happened to you!"

"Relaax, dolly, I'm a big rabbit. I can take care of myself just fine."