counting on christmas bfdi cats redraw! (december 2023)

(with the comparison because it looks better that way!)

i really loved drawing all of the algebralian-cats!!

by the way... the fact that a bunch of them are missing ears? might seem weird but it's intentional. according to my old bloodbath lore handbook (probably won't share it since a lot of it is outdated) it's a weak spot for most algebralians and a commonly attacked area in fights

when making their designs i actually rewatched the milestone videos to come up with reasons for why so many of them were missing ears, and funnily enough, i did find some reasons!

twocat's was already set in stone since i first made their design (there's a reason twocat and fourcat don't like each other lol, as i've stated), but the others i had to come up with actual onscreen reasons for

sixcat's ear was taken by sevencat, and sixcat took sevencat's ear later on in revenge (a replacement for being kicked out of the sub count)

ninecat's ear was taken when they got beaten by fifteencat

and fivecat's ear was lost when fourcat tried to... "suck him up" (I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW THAT WORKS IN CAT FORM BUT... IT HAPPENED?)

for some reason, i couldn't find any valid reasons for the others to lose ears. all of them had no specific scenes that gave me ideas for ear removal reasons. the only one that came close was tencat, when fourteencat ate their skin, but... fourteen eats skin, not ears.

my personal favorites are fivecat and sevencat! sevencat looks a little emo without his right ear... and i'm not usually very good at drawing slicked back hair, but i actually think i did a good job with fivecat's hair!

(and ofc i love twocat obv)