Chapter 35: Troubles Back Home

Hello There! 😶‍🌫️
_____________________________________________________

Back in the Kaiju Plains, trouble has occurred in the land. A couple of months after Ron's departure, Five unknown ogres tribes, numbering thousands, had come and resettled to their land unannounced. Adurr with his children were currently talking with the Chieftains and their retinues of each tribe within the Great Hall of the Daa'shii Tribe.

The Chieftains were negotiating with Adurr to allow them permanent residence in the Kaiju Plains—in Ron's territory. Which they couldn't acquire without the ancient Praetor's approval.

Adurr: [sighs] as I said, the lord of this land isn't here and won't be back in many days.

Kurra: [annoyed] then when will he be back?

Kurra Aggurson, chieftain of the Tor'kin Tribe snapped at Adurr.

Fuggu: calm down, Kurra.

Fuggu Hokson, Chieftain of the Norrin Tribe tried to calm Kurra down.

Adurr: I don't know.

Attar: then where'd this lord go?

Attar Arrikson, Chieftain of the Kaa'ris Tribe questioned, the whereabouts of the lord of the Kaiju Plains.

Avinn: he took a small boat and followed the river stream, heading to the east.

Fygga: when was that?

Fygga Fyrrdottir, Chieftess of the Ra'gar Tribe asked.

Avinn: [shrugs] about four moons ago.

Jotta: I've heard that the lord is a human. Is that true?

Jotta Ommason, Chieftain of the Om'gar Tribe asked curiously.

Annak: [nods] yes, he's human and our mate.

Fygga: [intrigued] ‘our’?

Annak: [nods] yes, he's mine and my sister's mate.

Renna: [blushes] yeah. He's ours.

Kurra, who overheard their conversation, frowned after learning the lord was human.

Kurra: the lord of this land is human and both of you are mated to it?

Annak: yes, is there a problem?

Kurra: is there a problem? Of course there's a problem! You and your sister are mated to a Human!

Kurra yelled, disgusted by the both of them mating with a human.

Fuggu: Kurra, calm the fuck down.

Kurra: [growls] quiet, Fuggu!

Kurra glared at Adurr and stomped towards him, stopping right in front of the old ogre.

Adurr: what is it?

Jotta: don't do anything reckless, Kurra.

Kurra ignored Jotta and glared at Adurr who stared at him with a plain expression, which annoyed him greatly.

Kurra: You let your daughters be mated to a human?!

Adurr: yes, and?

Kurra: [scowls] like father and child. Your entire family is sick in the head.

Hearing the insult directed at her family, Annak lost her temper and yelled at Kurra.

Annak: don't you mock us!

Kurra: [scoffs] or what? You'll kill me? 

Kurra scoffed. Annak narrowed her eyes and replied to his taunt.