- The school is the safe zone when we are about to be attacked. They already infiltrated our perimeters; we don't know if it's safe.

- Alaric gave the order, we need to trust that the elites secured the area. – she says.

- Okay, let's go then. – he responds. – Ready? – he asks me. I simply nod, swallowing some saliva.

Off we took, I'm simply running close to them, next to Caleb. We are at the back, Caleb's father is running in front, making sure no one gets in our way since he is in his wolf form. How did he manage to shapeshift so quickly? At least for me, it takes some concentration and time to shift comfortably. Mary and the kids are in the middle, well protected. The wolf resembles a lot of my mates, both having the same tonality of black and capable of ferociously dismantling any enemy that crosses their path. However, there is one major difference. Caleb's wolf is bigger, and not just slightly, probably more than a foot. How is that even possible? I already suspected that my mate's wolf could very well match in size to an alpha, but I just assumed that rogues were naturally bigger. It doesn't make sense.

My thoughts are interrupted by a growling sound approaching us from behind. I turn around to see my fears come true. Those two wolves, the same ones that attacked me in River Valley, are charging at us full speed. An impulse of fear and anger flows through my body. We won't be able to outrun them because of the kids, and I doubt Caleb's father can deal with an Alpha and a Beta in Command on his own, even in his wolf shape.

- Cal! – I call his name, getting his attention. He looks at me and turns behind me while running. Seeing the danger coming he stops in his tracks, making us all turn around.

- Dad protect them, I'll hold them off. – he says confidently.

- I'm not leaving you. – I say.

- Nate, plea... -

- There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone. – I state firmly. Seeing how serious I am he simply nodded.

- Dad get them out of here, we'll be fine – he tells his father.

And so, they left against their will. The two younglings cried Caleb's name, not wanting to leave their brother behind, as Jamie and Mary carried them away. His father hesitated to leave, heartbroken to leave his son behind to fend off an Alpha, but ultimately did, knowing that Josh and Ally were the priority.

- Well, well, what do we have here? – Klyn, the Alpha says, looking at me like a piece of meat. – The Moon Goddess sure is kind, giving me another chance to kill you. – taking a step forward.

- Touch him and I'll kill you. – Caleb aggressively responds, shining his eyes.

- So protective. – the Alpha says surprised. – Wait... don't tell me he is your mate. – he mocks annoyingly. We don't respond. – He is! You fell for a domestic, such an idiot! Huh... guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It doesn't matter, no matter how much you try, if the bitch ain't rough the pup won't bite. – he adds spitefully. What does he mean by that?

- I'll tare your neck into pieces, with my teeth. – Caleb snarks, revealing his canines menacingly.

- Tybalt, get the domestic, but don't kill him, I want him to see his precious mate die in front of him before it's his turn. – he says. This guy is seriously damaged.

Without further warning the Beta launched in my direction. It's surprising how fast he is considering his size. I'm barely able to dodge in time. The battle continues and I stick with my strategy to dodge all incoming attacks. I have a feeling that if I tried to engage against him, I'd lose. I know I'm an alpha but just look at the mere size of him. He's immense and pure muscle. Every hit he throws holds an incredible force; a single punch will definitively break a bone. Fortunately for me, I'm faster and I'm capable of evading him. It's not the same for Caleb.

I'm not able to see him fight that well, barely catching a glimpse whenever I get some distance between us, but from what I managed to see; Caleb is struggling to hold back the rogue alpha. He is doing better than me, but it's certainly not an easy fight. It doesn't last long as the rogue quickly closes the distance and attacks relentlessly. This time, Tybalt looked even more determined to catch me. He quickly recovered his balance as I dodged him and in a single movement, he launched at me. As I see the huge figure in front of me getting closer, covering all escapes, I do the only thing that comes to mind, I throw a punch. A powerful punch directed straight to his jaw, just like Caleb taught me. It's far more likely to knock out an opponent from breaking their jaw than punching their face, at least that's what Cal said. The rogue quickly saw through my attack and intercepted my attack with his bare hand. The hit sounded as brick smashed against the wall, but the Tybalt didn't even flinch. Oh no...

In an instant, the rouge grabbed my wrist and pulled me. I shook my arm, trying to break free, but his hold was too strong. The next thing I know, I'm held captive within his grasp. I struggle to get out, trying with all my might to break free. That's when I remember, my parents, they are close by. I breathed in deep to prepare myself, and then let the air free, roaring into the sky. The sound was loud enough to catch Klyn's attention, I hope it's enough for my parents to hear. That's when I feel a pair of claws around my neck. The grip gets tighter, making me shut up on the spot. Shit. Is this it, is this how I'm going to die?

- Nathan! – Caleb yells looking at me worried. It was only a second, but that was enough time for the rogue alpha to tackle my mate to the ground.

- Cal! – I yell in desperation. I struggle to get out, but Tybalt won't let me.

- Shhhh shhhh. You're going to stay here with me and watch your mate die. -

----------------------

Sorry for taking so long to update. I had some trouble deciding on the ending. Expect to update soon. :)