Chapter 10: Big Boys Table

}===============<((10))>==============={

Third Person P.O.V

Situated near the base of the flying city, we see the hangar of the Atlas Command Center as a rather advanced mark of Bullhead approaches it. The Atlas Command Center could be said to be the defacto base of operations of the atlesian military, serving as a place where they monitor all of Atlas at all times, mainly the city sure, but there was also supervision to every part of the continent, albeit in lesser regard. Entering the interior of the hangar, the advanced Bullhead opened and followed by a small company of elite soldiers came what could be considered the leader of the military, General James Ironwood.

 Entering the interior of the hangar, the advanced Bullhead opened and followed by a small company of elite soldiers came what could be considered the leader of the military, General James Ironwood

The general descended the steps with an almost robotic precision, his arms crossed behind him as his back stood ramrod straight. It was well known that the general tended to be pretty 'stiff', the stress of managing such a prestigious position combined with his Semblance 'Mettle' which strengthens his resolve and often caused him to hyper-focus led to him habitually carrying a rigid disposition. However, those few who knew him well enough could tell that what he was experiencing now was way worse than any stress he had previously faced, no matter how much his stone cold expression tried to hide it.

It had been just 10 hours since The Devil had boldly struck, and even now chaos still popped up every now and then, though it was nowhere near the pandemonium which roamed the streets when it first happened. Despite what he would like to believe James couldn't deny that they had been caught lacking, something which had not happened for as long as he could remember. As much as he wanted to think that it was merely a calamity, he knew trough a brief analysis of the situation how it all occurred and most importantly, why.

It was just half an hour after the sun set when it started, the first report came from the Command Room when a mysterious masked individual wearing a white suit, white pants and what he could best describe as leather gloves and boots that reached to his forearm and shin respectively, each one sporting a silver plate with the symbol of a pyramid with an eye at the top on the hand and foot, appeared seemingly out of thin air in front of the door of The Grimmdark Casino. This was strange, sure, but not illegal, it was only after the masked man blew the entire front entrance of the casino apart with what was believed to be an invisible explosion that the person responsable for monitoring the area saw it fit to alert the responsable departments of the situation.

James knew now with foresight that this was where the first mistake happened, because of the lack of data the responsable department where unaware of the monster that the masked man truly was, and so they gave the situation an above average level of importance and sent the appropriate amount of manpower for situations of said nature, which was 50 Atlesian Knights, 10 trained soldiers and 5 armed Bullheads. For just a mere criminal this would have for sure been overkill, but this was nowhere near the case, for after just a few 5 minutes of confrontation later, it would be revealed what they where truly facing.