Chapter 4: I'm More of A Cat Person

}================<((4))>================{

William's P.O.V

Weapon drawn, I moved forward with my back to the wall slowly approaching the repeated metal thudding ready to activate V.A.T.S at the drop of a hat. Despite trying my best to keep my cool, I couldn't stop my chest from pounding, breath from quickening, sweat from forming and grip to tighten. It would be my very first life and death confrontation, and even if I was properly equipped to face it, it was still a daunting challenge that I had to overcome. Thankfully I had the foresight of buying [Impossible Combat Sense] which helped me in keeping my cool a lot easier out of instinct.

The sound became clear has I was about to round one of the caves turns, I did not need to look to know that the source of the noise was just around the corner. Making sure one last time that everything was in order, I used [Holy Fire (Semblance)] to imbue the [Mysterious Magnum] with the holy/light attribute which should make it more harmful towards Grimm, them being creatures of darkness and all. Preparations ready, I made sure to get over my nervousness and in one swift motion, turned the corner, aimed my firearm, and entered V.A.T.S to aim at... a robot?

It was one of those Atlasian Knights that where used to replace human guards in order to prevent casualties. This one was differentiated by the SDC logo plastered on its back, the frost which had grown on its body from an unknown amount of time not being maintained, and lastly, the exposed wires that where presumably for the same reason. It appears that the rhythmic metallic thudding came from this broken moron repeatedly walking into a frozen wall, probably the reason it had an iconic Gamer Dent.

Relief washed through my body has what I perceived to be the first danger I would encounter in this world was nothing more than a malfunctioning robot. Exiting V.A.T.S I thought about what to do with it before deciding to first shoot it for free XP and target practice, and then later sell it's body for some extra Lien. But these actions would be cut short has from the darkness just behind the broken robot, a pair of bright and menacing red eyes flashed into existence before a black blur crashed into the poor robot, smashing it into pieces. Its jagged teeth sinking into the solid metal and ripping it apart by raising its head, spotting me in the process. Raising on two feet it howled into the air, raising its claws in an intimidating pose.

I was shocked, RWBY animation, especially the early volumes, did not do justice to how terrifying these creatures could actually be

I was shocked, RWBY animation, especially the early volumes, did not do justice to how terrifying these creatures could actually be. It was a lot different seeing one through a screen than seeing one just a few meters in front of you, the demonic killing machine standing at a solid 6'10 feet leaning forward, and the speed at which it barreled towards me was very impr- HOLY SHIT WHAT!?

Entering V.A.T.S with surprising calmness I caught the demon dog just 3 meters away from my unprepared self, right as it was about to lunge at me with its maw at the ready. Taking the chance to calm myself I rest in V.A.T.S for a little while before deciding to shoot its head two time, which had a surprising 95% accuracy. Choosing to go forward, I could see how my own body robotically moved its arms and shot forward into the now open maw of the lunging beowolf, the second shot never fired has the holy bullet pierced straight through the dogs head.