March of The Eagles

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."

--Napoleon Bonaparte.

Freedom is not a privilege, but a right. A right which applies to all and is racist to no none. A right which governs all, with a mighty fist. A right that when challenged, must be fought for with bayonet and sword. A right that when stolen, must be paid for in blood. And for Jack Bonaparte, this price is mighty steep.

His father learned this the hard way, a century to past when he and the other seven princes of Gaul opposed The Hapsburg family in their conquest over Batavia. A hero he was born, and a hero he would died in the legends. But that is history, sad words upon dried paper told to children as fables to put them to sleep.

The battle of Alumnae, where he'd routed a force of over twenty-thousand troops with five-thousand. 

Cazzadorres, where he'd slaughtered half of the royal family and decidedly defeated half a million troops. Where he'd personally carried the eagle of Batavia, a source of power and strength across the raging rapids and pierced the kings black heart.

Those battles are gone. Taken into the bowels of legends and fables, crafted to suit the needs of an oppressed, angry people. Battle such as those can never be fought again, Batavia is conquered, no one country can stand up to the might of the Hapsburg "Empire" and those that can are already its allies. The Hapsburg cannot be defeated. It is impossible.

But, those that do not believe are fools. And in this world, fools die quickly.

Revolution is coming. And the people of Batavia are looking for a new "Eagle" a new savior to cut the shackles of imprisonment and give them the privilege of freedom. A new leader to lead them from their dark prison. And all eyes are turned on the young twenty-year old. Who's never lifted a musket in his life.

Everyone has a story, no matter how short, how long, or how bloody it is. And Jack's story is a long, and bloody one.  One of riches, one of glory, one of honor, and one Freedom. 

Through the mud of the north, through the crimson snow of the south, the bloody mountains of the east, and through the burning fields of hell itself; the Eagles will march to freedom, and if it comes to it, will pay in blood to reach it.