Ch: 07

Duke Pov//

// knock // // knock //

I opened my eyes quickly, before shooting up from my bed. " Duke man!! Get up!!" I heard faintly behind my room door.

" Duke man wake up! The bitches have been here for sum time now they out looking for you!" I heard again this time more louder to hear who's voice it came from. " Chris man shut up, I'll be up" i yelled back irritated. I laid back down before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath .....sigh.

It's been a few months since me and Kali broke up, for some reason this one really hit home. I usually don't feel much when it comes to break ups but this one I feel definitely something.

My minds been pretty foggy lately, maybe this party wouldn't be the worst thing for me in a time like this. I haven't really been hanging out with anyone much since the break up, maybe I can use this as a chance to pull the old Duke back up.

I sighed again before deciding to go take a shower and get ready and look presentable for the party. I got up pulling myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how exhausted I look.

Damn... I thought as I just took a second to figure out my next move. I need to get back on my feet and start a better game for myself. I grabbed my tooth paste and tooth brush and began brushing my teeth. While brushing my teeth, I walked to the shower and turned on the shower to let it warm up.

I brushed for two minutes before spitting out the toothpaste and going back in with mouth wash to make my mouth minty fresh. I swirled that around for a few seconds before spitting it out.

Now for a shower I thought, I took off my white shirt, and took off my boxers and sweats before getting into the  shower. The hot water hit my back causing a warm feeling to run through my body. I sighed in relief from the feeling of the water. I sat there for awhile.

Should I even go to this party? I don't even have the energy to even want to entertain these women that come to see me and fuck with me... I just want to stay in bed low-key and just start the day again tomorrow.. fuck I can't be a sour puss though.

This party is thrown by fanum for Kai's 21st birthday. I got to show some love to my boy Kai, but damn I don't want to go though. You know what, I'll just go for a few hours and then come back and lay down. Yeah that's actually perfect, I show my face alittle bit and then I'll go back and lay down again.

After deciding my plan, I quickly washed my body with soap, before washing my hair with shampoo and conditioner so when I eventually got out I smell good.

I got out after rinsing off, and dried off swiftly. I walked back into my room and went to my closet and began looking for a subtle outfit. In this case it was black sweats, a white shirt and some black and white slippers. Before getting Into the outfit I moisturized my dry ass with some coco butter.

I got dressed once finished and headed toward my bed to grab my phone. As I picked up the phone, I seen two miss messages from fanum.

Fanum
Duke come to the backyard, I want you to meet someone!

Fanum
Nigga hurry up!

I shook my head and grinned. Welp I should have some fun while I'm out here I thought as I walked to the bedroom door.

I opened it, and the mood suddenly changed.

// GIRL THE WAY YOU MOVIN GOT ME IN A TRANCE DJ TURN ME UP LADIES THIS YO JAM //

The music played loudly throughout the 2nd layer do the house, people scattered around dancing and having a good time. I walked past people greeting them with a smile.