Crown [Dazai Osamu]

🗝Prompt: Even if he had to suffer for eternity, he would make you wear the crown.

🗝Pairing: Dazai Osamu x fem!reader

🗝A/N: I giggled writing this, although its been a long time since i ever wrote royalty au, i hope you like reading this. [p.s no proofread so if you see a update later, its prob me rewriting this]

your figure laid on Dazai's lap as the soft wind blew, the flowers around the garden fragrancing the area

your figure laid on Dazai's lap as the soft wind blew, the flowers around the garden fragrancing the area. It was the relaxing hour in the afternoon and the royal staff seemed to be wandering off, relaxing the peaceful time. You open your eyes as you stare at Dazai, who was staring at you for quite a long time, before you shift a little, having your head placed more comfortable in his lap.

"Did you sleep well your highness?" Dazai asked amused, before gently brushing off the grass that was stuck in your hair. Previously, you and Dazai seemed to wander off in the royal gardens, taking place at the corner away from the maids and gardeners, before playing and scattering the collected leaves in the shade. The activity tired you, and Dazai insisted that it would be better to cool down a bit, only for you to dose off on his lap.

"Yeah, I did" You said, before picking yourself up, only to sit beside him, your back at the bark of the tree, and your head on his shoulder, "It was the most comfortable lap I ever slept on"

Dazai chuck at you response, before stating, "If you get caught, I might loss my job again"

"Don't worry that wouldn't happen."

"Aww, is princess worried about me?" Dazai said, before picking out a wild flower that seemed to grow in between the grass, examining it.

"Ofcourse, I cant loss my favorite servant again you know?"

There was a moment of silence between you too. The seasonal birds seemed to chirping in joy, drinking from the waterbeds laid in the garden, maids rushing towards the castle, indicating they were off to prepare for lunch.

Sighing, you pick yourself up, much to Dazai's dismay, dusting off your dress which seemed to be covered in tiny grass like hay before telling Dazai you were off to the building.

Without a second to spare, you move forward a little, only to see your brother walking near. Frightened by his authority, you turn your heels back towards Dazai, who was still sitting under the tree, eyes closed.

Higher your authority in the hierarchy of the world, lesser will the bond of relationship with others and family will go. Even if you were the eldest in the family, you were treated with nothing but a political tool.

As your brother approaches, a cold shiver runs down your spine. You both were never in good terms anyways. He was the crowned prince, the heir to this kingdom, and you were just a mere pawn who would be wed off anytime soon.

You take a step back, seeking refuge in the familiarity of Dazai's presence. Your brother, noticing your retreat, smirks knowingly.

"Well, well, if it isn't our dear princess slumming it in the garden with a servant," he sneers, his words dripping with nothing but hatred.

Dazai remains seated under the tree, eyes still closed as if oblivious to the approaching matter. Your brother's words cut deep, a painful reminder of the society that bind you. Despite being the eldest, your role in the family was reduced to a mere pawn and you could do nothing but endure his rotten words.

With a forced smile, you reply, "Just enjoying the fresh air, brother. No harm in that, is there?"

His expression darkens, and he steps closer, the air thickening with his unspoken authority. "Remember your place, dear sister. We have responsibilities to uphold, and you jeopardize everything with your foolish antics."

Oh how you wish to choke him.

"Being familiar with the servants of the castle only means to acknowledge the loyalty-"

Your brother scoffs, dismissing you with a wave of his hand. "A servant's loyalty is hardly a concern. Remember your station Y/N."

Your brother's gaze shifted from you to Dazai, his eyes narrowing in disapproval. "And who is this?" he inquired with a tone that dripped with arrogance.

Dazai, unflinching, looked up at your brother before standing, bowing down, "I am at the service of the princess, your majesty the crown prince."

Dazai knew how you felt. The burning urge to slaughter the man in front of him was rising, only if he had a sword. Dazai had been forever around you. The way you got your treatment from your family was worst then a relationship between a noble and a beggar and he couldnt help but embrace you every time you come running towards him. You never lacked in anything, but all you needed was authority,  and even if he had to suffer for eternity, he would make you wear the crown.

The tension in the air was thick as your brother's gaze bore into Dazai. You felt a shiver run down your spine, however, to your surprise, your brother simply scoffed and continued on his way, leaving you and Dazai in the garden.

As your brother walks away, you're left standing in the garden, torn between duty and desire. Before you could apologize Dazai for your brother's rudeness, Dazai bows down gracefully, taking your hand into his, "You know Y/N? It doesn't matter if it takes me to kill the royalty for you, because I would do anything for you to wear the crown," he says, his voice unwavering.

"Wha-What do you mean by that Dazai- Kill? Crown?"

"If a Lady wants the crown, then a lady deserves it, this humble servant is ready to kill them in your command" Dazai replies, before he kisses your forehead and leaving you, in the middle of the garden, standing alone. The gravity of Dazai's words hung in the air, challenging the rigid structure of royalty and hierarchy. 

The words hung around you like the memories of the past, because did you wanted the crown?

Even you didn't know. 

***

woah with this, the year ends. Was so much preoccupied reading historical manhwas that I am stuck at writing royalty aus