6

| Same Day |

It took a while but Fatima was able to find an ugly sweater she had in her closet. She used to wear it for work spirit week but with her being out of work for almost 3 years, she had no use for it.

She threw the sweater as well as the rest of her clothing on the bed before hopping in the shower as music boomed through the speaker. She spent more time than normal in the shower as her hair needed a nice deep clean, she decided to wear it natural as it is on the colder side so she is worried about it.

After she got herself together in her the sweater, the ripped jeans, and Uggs. She made her way to her dresser where she put her watch on along with some jewelry to tie in the outfit.

She began to get nervous as Zac said he would be here around 2:30 and it's well past that, the show starts at 3PM, and she knows Ian gets off around that time. She doesn't wanna deal with his jealous rage if Ian runs into him.

As she started panicking and constantly checking the time, she received a text from Zac stating he was outside. She grabbed her Stanley cup before heading outside through the garage.

Zac was already taking the Christmas tree off the bed of the truck. "Where would you like it at?"

"Garage is fine." She rushed to say. She felt like she was finna caught any minute now.

"You sure? I can set it up for you. We still have time."

Boy fuck that tree! Let's go before she get knocked between a washer and dryer

"I'm fine. Just drop it there and let's go." She rushed before she panicked once she saw Ian's car pull into the drive way. Her heart now beating beyond comparison she knew she had been caught.

"What's going on?" He growled as he flew out the car seeing another man in his garage.

"Oh honey...he was just dropping of the Christmas tree so we could decorate it." Fatima said thinking fast on her feet.

"Okay but why you dressed up like them school teachers with that holiday outfit on?"

He ate that ngl

"Because I am about to run to the store really quickly. The tree decorations from last year are kinda worn and they don't light bright anymore, figured I could go ahead and grab them now."

Zac was too far in the garage to even hear or see what was going on.

"Humph." Ian said looking back across the street as that same neighbor waved at him. "So why did the neighbor call me saying something else?"

"Maybe he got it wrong? But as you can see...he is putting the tree away and I was nowhere near him when you pulled up." She tried to reason with him, hoping the lie was good enough.

"Yeah okay." He said dropping it. "I gotta get back to work so...."

"You came all the way over here for that?" She asked confused and a bit taken back.

"Yeah well when he said another man was here of course Imma see what the hell going." He slightly raised his voice causing Zac to turn around and shake his head.

"Wassup Mr. Sleepy head." Zac waved being petty, remembering him asleep in the car a few days prior.

"My man...why are you here?"

"I was taking Fatima to-

"Honey I just told you...he was dropping off the tree and leaving." Fatima said cutting him off as she eyed him. Zac peeped the eye and decided to shut his mouth and go with it.