Chapter Thirty Nine

JAZLYN'S POV

"I never plan you, Jazlyn. You are not supposed to happen. When i plan my plot against Death, you where never included nor part of it. But then you came, anyways. I met you and you got involve. The hell knows how much aware i am that taking you in would only slow me down or might even ruin my plan..."

"I knew it from the very start that I'm only ganna regret you, but i put a blind eye on it anyway and still took you in. Fuck as much as i wanted to regret you, i just can't  bring myself do it. Because I know to myself that your the most precious thing that happened to me and i will never deny that. You're my bittersweet karma."  Lucas sighed.

I can sense that his trying to grip on his words to make them less painful and sharp for me to hear, but he know to himself that he needed to say the exact words, dahil wala namang ibang term at explenasyon na mas akma sa mga paliwanag nya.

"I got involved? No, you got me involve, Lucas! Didn't you say na plinano mo talaga na alukin ako ng trabaho back then to use me along with your schemes against Mr. Xyontenier? And now your saying na I'm not suppose to happen at all? So ano pala ako ngayon? Joke joke lang? Gaguhan ba to, Lucas? Hindi ko kase maintindihan. Hindi ko alam kung alin ang paniniwalaan sa mga sinasabi mo!" I pointed out. More than stress, dahil lalo lang akong naguguluhan sa sinasabi nya. At the same time ay nagagalit ako kase feeling ko ay his playing me again.

And damn if only i can hurt him physically without it being pointless dahil alam kong mas malakas ito sa akin, kahit ano pang mananakit ang gawin ko sa kanya

"Because I'm fucking in denial that time!" He suddenly snap at me. Ang gwapong mukha ay may bahid ng pagkamiserable habang matiim na nakatingin sa akin.

And i was stunned and speechless.

"And i fucking admit it. At first I'm just planning to use you, cause your good in your job. I was somehow intrigued, at dahil anjan ka narin naman sinama na kita sa plano ko nagamitin ka. You know me, i don't keep useless things. As you said, I'm a fucking asshole and a damn user when it benefits me. Alright, well fucking said. But that was after i met you! Nang hindi pa kita kilala, you we're never on the plan."

"But when i met you in the bar that night almost seven years ago, i know i just need to fucking meet you again and offer you unawarely the job." Lucas then said, frustratingly.

I just gaped. Sa dami nyang sinabi ay yung line namay bar lang ang parang pinaka tumatak sa utak ko.

Confused ay marahan kong ikiniling ang ulo ko. Sumasakit na naman ang ulo ko.

He met me in a bar? Almost seven years ago? That story seems familiar... But no, that can't be. Hindi sya yun... no...

"Bar..." Wala sa sariling bulong ko.

"Yes." Nabalik ang tingin ko kay Lucas ng mag salita ito.

"Yes. We meet in a bar. It's our reunion... And i met you there? Don't you remember? I'm the one who brought you home, and we had the best fucking night of our lives. I thought you'll remember me, but i guess you really don't..." He chuckled, tila naalala ang nangyari ng gabing yun. It was a bitter sweet memory for him. Nakikita ko yun sa itsura nya.

Habang ako? Tila lang akong istatwa na nakatulos sa kinatatayuan ko. Hindi alam ang irereact sa mga sinabi nya. His words are like bombs in my ears that i got speechless even more. I mind just went blank the moment he started talking, at ramdam na ramdam ko rin ang panglalamig ng katawan ko.

I paled.

Flashes of memories flooded my mind. I just vividly remember everything. After akong linlangin ng kapatid ko and dragged me in a bar, one of her guy friends tried to harass me, but there was a man that noticed and save me for being harassed. And that same man brought me home. Hindi ko na alam ang nangyari after that but nagising nalang ako sa motel kinabukasan. Duon na nagsimula ang kalbaryo sa buhay ko.