Epilogue

Nineteen years later.

"Mummy, I'm scared," the young boy said, clinging to her mother's arm. The train station was crowded, with a splendid amount of young kids preparing to board the train. Excited faces, scared faces. Different emotions for the same destination: Hogwarts.

Mara smiled softly, caressing her son's hair. It felt soft against her fingers. "It'll be okay," she assured, kneeling down. She took her son's face into her hands, giving him a reassuring look. "You've heard numerous stories about our time there, Scorpius. You'll have a great time. You'll fit in."

Draco, her husband, knelt down by her side. He kept his son's luggage close to his leg, mimicking Mara's hopeful expression. Scorpius looked over at his father, puffing his chest slightly. While Draco was raised to always impress hia father, to be the best of the best, raising his son like that didn't feel right. Why should a child be forced to act a certain way? Whatever Scorpius chooses to feel, to do, to be, he'll support him.

Something his father didn't seem to understand.

"What if I'm not in Slytherin?" He asked, pouting softly. "Would you be disappointed?"

"No, sweetheart," Mara said, kissing her son's forehead. "We won't be."

Their eldest daughter, Lilith, separated from her friends. She offered a hand to her brother, smiling as she suggested, "come with me. You can sit in the same carriage as me, and I'll tell you all the awesome things about Hogwarts. Once we reach school, you will never want to come back."

Mara and Draco laughed, watching as their two children boarded the train. Scorpius poked his head out, waving goodbye to his parents. They waved their hands in response.

"He'll be okay," he assured her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She nodded. He'll be okay.

Mara looked to her left, and saw her old friends. Ever since they graduated, she made sure she kept in contact with them. Daphne had married Blaise, and gave birth to two wonderful kids. Pansy had married Theodore Nott, and had a set of twins. Joy was the only thing they had to experience now, which was a custom they got used to.

"Excited?" Daphne asked her, shuffling over to her. Blaise and Draco slipped into their own conversation, as the two mothers kept their gazes glued to the train, watching it slowly move away. She watched it go off into the distance, the back of it a mere black box fading into the horizon.

"For what?" Mara asked.

Daphne smirked, nudging her hip. "For endless nights with your husband."

She rolled her eyes, laughing softly. "Is that all you can think about?"

She snickered. "Maybe."

Mara remained standing, even as the crowd slowly diminished and her friend bid her goodbye. Twenty years ago, she stood at this platform as a student herself. A fresh new year, a sixth year, burdened with a mission that she somehow fulfilled.

"It's all in the past now," she told herself. "Look towards the future instead."

————————

Hiii!

Thank you for reading this book! I'm sorry I took so long to finish it, but here we are!

I hope you enjoyed it. It had a rushed ending, at least in my opinion, but I really was eager to finish this book.

I've planned to write a new book, a Mattheo Riddle x OC. I would appreciate it a lot if you could check it out!

Love y'all <33

Check out my other book:

DracoxY/n Imagines, check it out in my bio!

And, my other book, Aura.

Word Count: 50777.

P.S: I swear one day I'll slowly start editing this story 🫡