Chapter 2 In The Flesh

Start from the beginning

He realized that he had appeared straight on the road, and there was currently a pit almost six meters deep and four meters wide. This could be a serious safety hazard for anyone who is driving down this path.

"Should I do something about it?" He asked himself with a thoughtful look on his face before it grew nonchalant.

"Nah". He thought before looking into the distance and frowning.

Judging from the fact that he couldn't see any nearby cities, he judged that the closest human civilization was probably very far away. Nevertheless, this was exactly as he had intended.

The amount of energy needed to enter into a new universe was rather tremendous. If he had decided to appear directly within a populated area, the damage caused would be noticeable.

He didn't care a bit about the property damage or potential harm to the lives around when it happened, but he would rather not draw unnecessary attention to himself.

After all, this world wasn't the same as the main earth universe where all worlds branched out from but DC.

The DC universe that housed superpowers, alien life forms, dimension - conquering freaks and where extraterrestrial invasions took place on a 'half a decade' basis.

Well, at least one of them, anyway.

As for which universe he was currently in, whether it be the comics, movies, or one of the many series, he didn't know.

Hell, he could even be in an AU made up of a mishmash of different events. These types of universes were typically the hardest to deal with, as knowledge from the main universe had very little effect there.

It could even be the universe created as a result of a nineteen-year-old kid writing fan fiction for fun because he didn't have anything better to do.

At that particular thought, his eyes narrowed once more.

The future of such universes was unknown, and only the general DC knowledge could be completely trusted.

Stuff like Superman would always be Clark Kent and have a weakness to kryptonite, Flash would always have his mother killed by reverse flash unless he triggered flash point.

Wonder Woman was always an Amazonian, and Jonathan Kent always dies.

Yeah, that kind of shit.

He would rather not drop off uninvited within a city, cause massive damage and tick off the big blue Boy Scout.

Then get questioned by the Justice league about his purposes on this Earth.

He wasn't afraid of them, yes, but that was just asking for unnecessary trouble and relatively time-consuming.

He wasn't hard-pressed for time. In fact, he had all the time in the universe, but that didn't mean he'd waste it.

Besides, he didn't want to kill the Justice league or anything similar unless they stood in his way to accomplishing his goals.

Back to the point of focus.

So choosing to appear away from civilization was the logical choice. Nonetheless, the power surge that occurred upon his arrival would definitely not go unnoticed.

Hell, he wouldn't be surprised if someone was on their way to investigate right now.

"Although I didn't specify which universe exactly, but one that wasn't too powerful was in calculations when I expended energy to get here. Still, to reach the nearest city, I'll either have to give myself abilities, or wait for a possible passing vehicle to seek aid".