Battles Done Lost

Payment to a Pirate by DeathPasta, All Rights Reserved, © 2015

Disclaimer: I do not own the following characters, Hiro Mashima is the original creator and owner. Although I do own the story.

Lucy Heartfilia's POV

"Princess Lucy, King Jude requests your presence in his study." The rose haired maid named Virgo said politely with a bow. My head perked up. Father? Wanted to see me?

I nodded, setting down my quill. Pulling my long green dress off of the ground, I quickly made my way down the familiar hallways until I was facing the door that gave me discomfort. During the quiet evenings, you could many unfamiliar roaring laughters.

Swallowing the fear to the pit of my stomach, I knocked on the large oak door. "Come in." Father's stern voice said from the other side of the door. Pushing the door open, the fresh scent of ink filled my nostrils, my eyes fluttering closed at the wonderful smell.

"Pack your things, Lucy." He said, not even glancing at me from his intimidating desk.

My heart sank. What?

"You heard me. Now do what I say." A hint of anger in his words.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did. Why are so disobedient and dim-witted? Be a good girl and do what your father told you." I could feel the daggers from his eyes on me.

"Father...I don't understand. Did I do something wrong?" I asked, fighting the tears from escaping. "You existing is wrong. I've given you to a man. He will be here soon and he isn't the patient type. Hurry along, now."

I couldn't hold the flood from spilling from the brim of my eyes. "How could you?!" I scream in a blend of sadness and rage. "What have I done to deserve this, huh?! All my life I've been your doll on a shelf. Always quiet, always minding your demands. I pay heed to your cautions and do well to remember my manners. I have not once defiled you, even as a small child."

And with that, my father snapped. "I don't have time for your games, Lucy! Loke! Take her to her room! If she won't pack by the time you get there, have the maids do it! I do not have time for her childish games anymore." He roared.

Loke's warm hands held my shoulders as he lead me up to my room. "Please, just do what he says, princess. In the end, he gets what he wants, there's no point in fighting a battle you've already lost."

Did he really feel that way?

I just nodded and pull out my leather suitcase, filling it with clothes and memories of my "perfect life".

Once I was finished I was lead back downstairs. My eyes was no longer red and puffy, Virgo made sure of that. In front of me stood a man with salmon hair with onyx eyes. And the first thing that popped in my mind would haunt me forever...

Pirate...

A/N:

Yes, the first chapter was more of a filler chapter. But trust me, I have plans for this story. Leave a comment or press that vote button if you liked it. No, the characters WILL NOT be the same as in the anime or manga, hence the alternate universe thing. No, you may not like how the story will start, but the time this little story ends, I'm sure you will love it.

Stay nerdy, bros!

~DeathPasta