x

THE LAST SEVEN DAYS (SUNSHINE)

♤♡◇♧

Michiko followed Chishiya out of the cabin to the sounds of celebration as the other players yelled out in their victory, hugging each other tight before beginning to disperse out of the station. She stayed in front of the train door, wary eyes fixed on the white hoodie covering the other man's back. His hands were stuffed back into his pockets, his stance far too casual for the circumstances they were previously in. She was uneasy in his presence, unsure of his motivations in the game they just played.

What made her pull her eyes away was the hurried steps approaching them. Two sets. She looked over to see Ichida approaching her side. The older man's expression was marred with relief, though underneath his eyes were far more sunken in and the slight wrinkles on his forehead more deep set. As if the game had just aged him about ten years.

His arms spread slightly, almost going for a hug before he second guessed himself, and settled on placing a hand on Michiko's shoulder. The girl was pleasantly surprised that she didn't flinch at the touch.

"You did well. I'm so proud." Michiko's gut stirred at that simple statement, heat rising to her cheeks. She ducked her head, unable to bring herself to look him in the eye, knowing that she'd very nearly almost failed. Due to this she didn't see the incoming assault.

A body, small and thin, crashed into her, arms wrapping around her shoulders, their hold constricting. Michiko's breathing halted for a moment. "Thank you, thank you!" A soft feminine voice whispered in her ear, before the body pulled back, allowing Michiko to breathe again. But the hands stayed upon her shoulders and she looked into the doe like eyes of the school girl from earlier. "You saved us! Mr. Nakajima explained everything on the train. These games really kill people?"

There was a tense silence settled amongst the four remaining players in the station, the rest of them having already left. All that broke it was the winds whistling through the tunnels of the underground station. The winds sent a chill up Michiko's spine, along with the eyes that watched her like hawks. She nodded yes, and the smile fell from the other girl's face.

"That's just awful," Her head shook, "I'm glad I didn't have to see that."

"You will eventually though." Chishiya spoke up from where he stood, just a few feet away from the trio. His tone was far too light considering the subject of the conversation, "That's the nature of these games." An amused smirk was fixed on his face as he spoke, almost mocking the naive girl.

"You're still here?" Michiko questioned,  raising her eyebrows at him, "I thought you would've been on your way by now."

The older man shrugged casually, hands still in his pockets, his eyes glinting in amusement. "You have information about this world. As soon as you wish to share it I'll be on my way."

Michiko scoffed at his answer, muttering to herself, "Asshole."

Ichida piped up from his place at Michiko's side, a protective shadow as he placed his hands on the two younger girls' shoulders. "Before any of that, we should find a safe place to bunker down for the night. We can discuss things after that."

The rest of the group agreed, and the four of them left the train station, entering back out into the night, not before Chishiya had picked up the playing card left on a table by the exit. Behind them, the lights shut off in the train station, leaving it in darkness. As if nothing had occurred there that night.

♤♡◇♧

Introductions were made as they made their way through the streets of Shinjuku Prefecture. Michiko finally learned the name of the other girl.