Guzarta hua Lamha

Start from the beginning

Then both glanced at Naina who was talking to Huda and Alekh. Huda was holding the lower part of his ears, looking towards Naina and apologising. Shalini and Rajveer smiled and thought he is still scared of her.

Shalini : "Dekhiye kuch sikhiye Huda se ki Naina se kaise mafi mangte hain". Rajveer looked at her and both of them started laughing loudly.

This sound attracted their cadets attention and felt an angry stare towards them. Both stopped laughing at that moment and were thinking of a way to get out of this danger.

Alekh : "Sir, hum log abhi bhi wait kar le re hain ki aap ki kahani ka. Kaha the aap abhi talak aur kahe ko humse koi co..contact nahi kiya. Ek baat bataiye, aap yaha kya kar rahe hain".

Rajveer : "Sab bataunga aap sabh ko, Cadet Alekh par kal. Ye story thori lambi hain."(Placed a hand on Alekh's shoulder)

All started speaking loudly and demanding answers to their questions except Naina who was just glancing at him. As soon as Rajveer started walking, they went silent to see his next action.

Rajveer (stood in front of Naina and asked very softly) : "Kaisi ho Naina".

For Naina it was a dream, to hear her name from his lips. She finds her name so melodious every time he says it. Only she knows how much she has waited to listen to his voice, as it makes her content and happy. For Rajveer, it was a dream come true to see her so close to him and to look into her eyes that is a world to him. As in these eyes he had always found trust, concern and belonging.

Naina said to herself, kyu puch rahe hain yae aap. Kya farak parta hain.

Naina (drastically) : "I am feeling great. In fact, I'm very happy".

Rajveer (smiled): "Acha hain, aise hi rehna humesha. Puchoge nahi ki main kaisa hu".

Naina (moved eyes on him from top to bottom) : "Aap toh bilkul thik hi lag rahe hain aur mujhe yakeen hain bahut khush bhi honge jo itne saal tak humse koi vaasta nahi rakha". (She shifted her eyes as was not able to look into his eyes. She is angry on him but why does it still hurt when he gets hurt)

Rajveer : "Tumhe kya lagta main tum logo kae bina kush tha. Itna asan nahi tha tum se dur rehna". (Naina looked up and their eyes met) "I mean.... tum sabh se dur rehna".

They were staring at each other and her friends were witnessing this. Rajveer and Naina know they are still not saying what they really want to say. Why it's always so difficult to speak what is in their hearts. They are no longer in KMA, not tied to any rules but then why. Are they afraid, feeling guilty for having these feelings.

Rajveer thought she may have understood his emotions when last time they met, why she is denying or may be just does not want to accept.......

The thoughts were broken as they heard Alekh's voice. He was speaking to someone on the phone.

Alekh : "Ji Aunty.....Ha Naina thik hain...Woh mera phone silent par tha toh.....Hum bas aa rahe hain.......Nahi aap mat aayiye...Ha abhi aaye". (He cuts the call)

Alekh : "Chal Naina, uncle aunty pareshan ho rahech hain. Sabh tera wait kar rahe hain. Unhone do baar roka hain us Viren ko tere peeche aane vaaste".

Rajveer's face fell, reality hit him and remembered what he saw some time ago. He does not want to see Viren with Naina but how will he stop her.

Naina closed her eyes after hearing Alekh's words. She cursed herself as how can she forget her engagement which has happened not more than like half an hour ago. How can it slip from her mind that Viren and their parents are waiting for her. She thinks why everything else is blur when he is near her. Why did she give him so much power on her. No, she can't do that. Jab woh itne saal tak mujhe bina bataye rah sakte hain ki woh zinda hain. Jab mera koi haq nahi unpar toh main kyu unko koi haq du apni zindagi par.

Naina (turned around and started walking) : "Chal Alekh, sab wait kar rahe hain".

Alekh, Huda, Ali, Pooja and Yudi followed her but Naina stopped her steps but didn't looked back and said "Agar tum sabh ko yahi rehna Hain toh koi baat nahi. Main samaj sakti hu tum apne favourite Sir ke saath apne bite hue saal Kae bare Mae batana chahte honge.".

These words sounded to her friends as to take sides as if they are with her or him. If they have forgiven him for hiding, leaving them alone to fight this unfair and hard battle. But she didn't know that they had already decided.

All said in the union "We are coming Naina". They looked behind to see Rajveer and Shalini as to make sure that their Sir is not alone and does not vanish again. Shalini understood their concerns and said "Don't worry, I will be here. Tum sabh jao, I won't let him run again".

Rajveer saw them leaving especially Naina. He wanted to scream her name to stop her but the voice was not coming out from the throat.

Koi ye kaise bataa ye ke vo tanhaa kyoo hai ?
Vo jo apna tha vohi aur kisi ka kyoo hai ?
Yahi duniya hai to phir aisi ye duniya kyoo hai ?
Yahi hota hai to aakhir yahi hota kyoo hai ?

(Movie : Arth)