I sighed and shook my head, like, "It's not that easy."

"Why?" He asked, and when I didn't respond, his lips twisted. "You've fallen for him."

He put down his phone and rubbed his eyes.

I had a sip of my milk and not intentionally glanced at his phone. Then I saw a very familiar face.

"Hey, that's Luna's Instagram." I was at the point of taking his phone, but he grabbed it first. "Are you checking on her?"

"Of course not!" He denied, shaking his head vigorously. "Why would I do that? I was scrolling and her face suddenly appeared."

"Really?" My eyebrows rose, not convinced of his alibi.

"Believe me, okay? Why would I ever stalk that crazy alien?"

***

Monday morning, I woke up to find out that Sebastian was trending online.

The Greek Playboy Billionaire strikes again! Sebastian Stavrakos was spotted in Dubai last Saturday night, having dinner at Al Mahara with Sheikha Maha, one of the richest women on the planet.

We heard Sheikha Maha's interview, and apparently she's gonna marry a billionaire from New York soon. Her dad, Sheikh Malik, set the marriage up. Is it possible that her fiancé is the hottest bachelor in New York, Sebastian Stavrakos?

Well, our source said that's true. Sheikha Maha was talking about Sebastian Stavrakos. They're getting married and we'll find out about their engagement any day now.

Now that we've solved the puzzle, let's talk about why he dumped Sweet Treble, the small town blogger. No surprises here. He was just after a short-term fling, nothing serious.

Well, guess what? It's true. In the business world, it seems that the rich only marry each other to become even richer. It's not about love anymore, it's all about gaining power and wealth through marriage.

I was furious when I saw their photo, sitting way too close. They were totally checking each other out, smiling and being all flirty.

Regardless of whether the article was legit or not, I was so upset. First, he hit up the bar, and now he's chilling in Dubai with a sheikha? No wonder he was quick to agree when I turned down our date. He had a Plan B.

As always. I wondered how many plans he had. Whether revenge, backup or contingency plan from A to Z.

Oh God. I hate him so much!

The comments just pissed me off even more. Some felt sorry for me, while others were just plain rude, calling me all sorts of names like a fling, a side chick, a hoe, a bitch, a gold-digger, and more. There were haters saying I totally deserved it.

I stopped reading the comments and went outside to get some fresh air. I felt dumb as hell crying over that jerk who didn't give a damn. He didn't even think twice about going back to his old habits and having a blast!

I hopped in my pickup and drove to Marie's place. She was just hanging out in their living room, playing with her dog.

"What's up with the frown?" She was wondering why I looked so angry. "Everything good?"

"Ugh, that jerk is up to his old tricks." I passed her my phone for her to read the article.

"Do you believe this is true? Some people in the media exaggerate stuff, you know."

"I don't give a damn if he's getting married, but that he went to Dubai for a weekend with some lady really pisses me off. We just split up."

"Don't assume right away. Maybe they bumped into each other at the restaurant."