I sighed with relief. That was the most concerning part.

"Thank God." I sank into one of the kitchen chairs and checked the time at the wall clock. Nine o'clock!

I jolted when the kitchen door suddenly swung open. Dad and Jace entered.

I felt self-conscious in my disheveled state. I was still in my PJs, with messy hair and pretty sure some dirt in my eyes and smudges on my face. I didn't take off my makeup from last night because I passed out.

However, Jace's eyes met mine with warmth.

"Hi, Sweet. I'm glad you're awake now."

Before I could answer him, Mom butted in.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you Sweet, Jace came earlier looking for you."

"You did?" I asked, "why?"

"I'm heading to the Riverside area to look for a property. Maybe you'd like to join me for a road trip. We can drop by Big Mama's diner for brunch."

Big Mama's Diner, our favorite go to when we were still in a relationship.

"Hmm...sound's tempting." I pressed my lips together, thinking. Should I go?

"You need a break, Sweet. Go and have some fun," Dad encouraged me. I knew he wanted me to go to take my mind off Sebastian.

I heaved a deep sigh, then asked Jace, "can we drop by at Wonderland Amusement Park?"

He chuckled. "Why not? I know you just want rainbow cotton candy."

"That's right," I laughed, "hold on a minute, I'll just take a quick shower."

"Take your time,' he said, and I ran to the bathroom.

Jace drove his Mazda sedan. As we journeyed, we reminisced about the funny moments of the previous night. I informed him about my confrontation with Bianca last night, and he didn't show any surprise.

"She's been pretty forward about asking me out lately. She didn't hold back and confessed her feelings."

"I told you. She's completely obsessed with you. It's your fault for leading her on." I joked.

His lips twisted, frowning at me.

"I swear, I didn't. I treated her the same way as I treated the other girls."

"You didn't have to. Your signature smile is enough to have girls swooning over you."

"I don't need a bunch of girls to fall in love with me. I only have eyes for one girl." He flashed me a flirty smile, then murmured. "Too bad. My magic doesn't work on her anymore."

I ignored his comment, and he laughed aloud when I diverted to another topic.

We had a delicious brunch at Big Mama's Diner. We ordered our favorite macaroni and cheese, spinach pizza, bacon and fries, and Caesar salad. After five years, nothing had changed.

"Feels like we're back in high school." He said when we waited for our order.

"Yup. All we need is your motorbike."

"I sold it to Lewis, and after a month, he traded it for a scooter." He shook his head, looking disappointed. "You know what? I wish I could turn back the clock and never leave Dansville."

"But you totally learned a ton in China. It got you to where you are now."

Big Mama came and interrupted our conversation. She was still the same, but older. Pretty, chubby cheeks with big, curly black hair.