"What? No way, that's insane!" Marie was mad as hell.

"Oh, my goodness. Did he really put on that prince charming act just to break your heart?" Erin shook her head, looking really let down. "I thought he already transformed himself for you."

"I had the same thought. I told him he did a great job with his plan. He successfully shattered my heart."

"Damn. That's really sad," Marie said as she got up and gave me a hug.

"It's true though, the more you love someone, the more it hurts, you know?" I held back the tears that welled in my eyes. I had to remind myself to stop crying. I'd been at it for fourteen hours straight.

"It's 'cause you fell for him and you expect him to feel the same way." Marie tapped my back, comforting me.

"I never believed that a guy as wealthy as him would ever fall for a girl from a small town like us. That kind of stuff only happens in romance books and movies." Erin said.

"Okay, Sebastian had an ulterior motive, but did you ask him if it's true? What if Tucker was making it all up?" Marie raised her eyebrows.

"I asked Sebastian, and he was quick to admit it."

"Oh crap. What a freaking jerk! I never thought he would do that." Marie sighed with disappointment and sat back at the table.

"Same here." I sat across from her, cradling the cup of hot coffee with my hands.

"He asked if we could have a talk. He wants to explain himself. But why bother listening to his explanation if he already admitted he's guilty? He'll just work his magic on me and make me believe more of his lies."

"But I think it would still be better if you have a talk," Marie suggested.

"I don't know. Maybe later, not right now." The pain in my heart was unbearable. I felt totally betrayed and incredibly lonely. "Anyway, we had a little confrontation last night. He said he forgot about his revenge plan when he got to know me."

"No way, you fell for that?" Erin's eyebrows snapped together.

"Hell no, I didn't." I answered.

"What if he actually did? He couldn't help but fall in love with you when he realized how nice, kind, and sweet you are." Marie was all hopeful. I couldn't figure out if she was Team Sebastian or not.

I was like, no way, and shook my head.

"Should I be thankful that he changed his opinion of me and ditched his evil plan? Seriously? When we started this dating deal, we agreed to put the past behind. But he stabbed me in the back. He lied to me the whole time, and tried to win me over with fancy stuff, like cooking dinner for me, taking me to his beach resort, a trip to Paris, and more."

"Be thankful that you found out his true color this soon." Erin reassured me.

"I wish I had never laid eyes on him," I said, munching on my ham sandwich.

The sandwich is tasty, but now I don't have an appetite to eat. It's like eating sandpaper.

"I know you're really mad right now. Just take it easy, okay? I still think that you guys should talk and sort out the misunderstanding." Marie insisted.

"I don't know. I hate when people break my trust." I couldn't imagine. First Jace, and now Sebastian, too. I wasn't even sure yet who did worse.

"Your mom said he was here early this morning."

"Yeah, too early." I rolled my eyes. I remembered hearing dad's curses when the doorbell rang. "But I'm too upset to talk to him. I'm afraid I might say something and regret it later."

"I totally agree. Just don't make any impulsive decisions, alright? Relax and give yourself some time off. Quit thinking about him and get out of the house. How about we catch a movie, hit the gym, go to the beach, or hang out with friends?"

"That's a great idea." Erin agreed. "Just focus on yourself more and find something that brings you joy."

"Yeah, I should probably do that."

My parents found out about my heartbreak real quick. No need for them to ask. Erin gave them all the info. They seemed crushed, looking very sad for me. They supported me by never mentioning Sebastian or asking about him, cause they knew it would only hurt me. Instead, they were all about making me happy.

Colton called too. He had the total opposite reaction compared to my parents. He was kind of blunt and said, "I told you so. He's a walking red flag. He won't change for you. Just like her sister, you know, who's a witch. Dammit, I can't stand that girl. She's a lunatic."

I was curious why he included Luna in his anger. Their first meeting was terrible, but I'm pretty sure he's already forgotten about it. And then I was like, hmm. Did he bump into her again at their university?

We had a nice family get-together in the evening. Marie also joined us. We had dinner at our go-to seafood spot and devoured some king crabs. Then, we all checked out the newest Marvel flick.

I had a great time at dinner. They all helped me forget about Sebastian by cracking jokes, discussing the latest social media buzz, and dad's potato farm plan.

But at the movies, Sebastian kept popping into my mind. His drop-dead handsome face, his irresistible smile, his jokes, and his expressions when he's happy, upset, lost in thought... and turned on. I couldn't deny that we were physically comfortable. We had such incredible sexual chemistry. It got me all hot and bothered just thinking about it. But emotionally, I was clueless about his feelings.

We called it a night at midnight. As we approached the house, we could sense what was coming. There was a helicopter in our front yard and Sebastian was standing next to it, holding a bouquet of red roses.